Intel NUC i5 with Aorus RTX3090 Gaming Box

Notifications
Clear all

Intel NUC i5 with Aorus RTX3090 Gaming Box  

RSS

dkswst
(@dkswst)

Hi

Beginner here. I am using an Intel NUC i5, with a Dell monitor, and Aorus RTX 3090 Gaming Box, and have had instances when my Windows login screen displays normally with the eGPU plugged into it both via TB3 and HDMI, but sometimes it boots up with a blank screen, and only once I unplug the HDMI cable from the HDMI port of the eGPU to plug it into the NUC's HDMI port first, then restart the computer with plugging the HDMI cable back to the eGPU does it boot properly again. Can someone explain why this is happening? 

Another problem that I have had is that when I decide to use the HDMI port on the Intel NUC with the eGPU plugged in via TB3, the eGPU heats up to 50+degC after 10 minutes of basic web browsing,but once I use the HDMI port of the eGPU(instead of directly to the NUC) and restart, it comes back to its normal temperature ~24degC after 1 minute.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@dkswst, Does your monitor have DisplayPort input? If it does, try DP for the eGPU and HDMI for the NUC. You can then switch monitor input from the monitor to see if the setup works better. What does the Thunderbolt settings in your NUC BIOS look like? You can change Security settings to troubleshoot the behavior.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote