Thunderbolt 3 with threadripper on a Asrock x399 fatality motherboard. Help need...

Notifications
Clear all

Thunderbolt 3 with threadripper on a Asrock x399 fatality motherboard. Help needed.  

of  3
  RSS

(@liam_hudson)

@itsage, I know this is a little old.. trying to get this card working with a 2019 Mac Pro (long shot i know)

How can you tell which are pins 3-5 ? cannot see the connector well enough on the picture i cannot see the colors... bit high risk to guess Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@liam_hudson, It's been a while, but I would say to check the firmware version of the AIC first. The newer firmware may not work the same way. In terms of identifying the pin number, you can look at the photo below where I jumped pin 3 to pin 5 (short red wire).

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
alk80
(@alk80)

@edin_gacic

Hello! Was it possible to do Thunderbolt on the Romed8-2t?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  3