[Unboxing] Gigabyte Z490 Vision D Creator LGA 1200 Titan Ridge TB3 Motherboard

Notifications
Clear all

[Unboxing] Gigabyte Z490 Vision D Creator LGA 1200 Titan Ridge TB3 Motherboard  

of  2
  RSS

Ingmar
(@ingmar)

Thanks @itsage,  

OK, so I tried the HackFlags and the psi.sys and neither worked and I've decided I've been completely discouraged.

The thing is, I can do most ordinary things like web and email connecting the monitor to the eGPU output and nothing else - just plugged in from the start - but always a code 12 error and the software can't access its full glory.

All the software I want to use is mac/pc/linux so I see no reason to bother with windows. Just somehow thought that was going to be easy.

So I'm thinking of going either Ubuntu or H-tosh? Any opinions or recommendations? 

Ubuntu or apple style interiors?

This post was modified 1 month ago

Aourus gaming box 1080 with a) mac mini 2014 (High Sierra) and b) windows 10 (1903) Visions D z490 motherboard desktop

ReplyQuote
Ingmar
(@ingmar)

I'm trying out dual booting with Ubuntu 20.04.01

see:  https://egpu.io/forums/thunderbolt-linux-setup/gigabyte-vision-d-desktop-intel-i7-10700k-ubuntu-20-04-01-dual-boot-with-windows-10-aourus-gigabyte-gtx-1080-gaming-box/

Aourus gaming box 1080 with a) mac mini 2014 (High Sierra) and b) windows 10 (1903) Visions D z490 motherboard desktop

ReplyQuote
Ingmar
(@ingmar)

I now have it working with downgraded Windows 10 (-network adapter driver, working on it).

Seems smooth for now.

ReplyQuote
 of  2