14" Dell Latitude E5430 + PE4C v3.0 + GTX 970[4GB] + + Win8.1 not propperly work...

Notifications
Clear all

14" Dell Latitude E5430 + PE4C v3.0 + GTX 970[4GB] + + Win8.1 not propperly working  

RSS

Fox
 Fox
(@fox)

First, hello! Although I am new here, I have been a long time following this forum.

So I have a long story related to my experience connecting eGPU without happy ending yet.

I already tried different Systems(Win7, 8.1, 10) and different Video Drivers(from 372.56 to latest)

Firstly I was suffering from error 12 with my videocard - solving this problem wasn't very easy but finally I succed with dsdt override and now I have propper dsdt.aml file for my laptop:)

Now I am trying to solve error 43 and I am almost give it up - vaious driver setups and systems are not affecting at all on this error.

Moreover, the most embarrassing point is that I don't see any progress and I never saw anything on my external display connected to eGPU.

Sometimes my laptop boots propperly and I can see eGPU with error, sometimes system freezes and i need to restart it again. BTW have no idea why system freezes.

Could please anyone help me with advice, what I am doing wrong and why everything is not working?

Heared a lot about DIY eGPU but I am not sure that this would help me.

Thanks to all in advance!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

@Fox sound like a whitelisting issue(DELL does that shit).Try hotplugging it on the Windows logo.There are delay switches on the back side of the PE4C(SW1/SW2),see if they can help.Recently one user here reported success bypassing it with nando4's Setup 1.3X but he still had to swap the wifi card in process(check the latest implementations-Acer laptop).About the Error 43,you shouldn't be affected by it,maybe enabling hotplug on that port will help.Also upgrading to Win 10 Anniversary Update(not higher)(make sure is GPT,in case you have to use Setup 1.3X and only in this case stay with MBR) is probably your best shot of achieving something.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
Fox
 Fox
(@fox)

Posted by: dani_tx

@Fox sound like a whitelisting issue(DELL does that shit).Try hotplugging it on the Windows logo.There are delay switches on the back side of the PE4C(SW1/SW2),see if they can help.Recently one user here reported success bypassing it with nando4's Setup 1.3X but he still had to swap the wifi card in process(check the latest implementations-Acer laptop).About the Error 43,you shouldn't be affected by it,maybe enabling hotplug on that port will help.Also upgrading to Win 10 Anniversary Update(not higher)(make sure is GPT,in case you have to use Setup 1.3X and only in this case stay with MBR) is probably your best shot of achieving something.

Hi, @dani_tx Thank you very much for your quick reply.

As far as I know - switches on the back of PE4C should be set to 1(no delay) if I want to use hotplug connection. Usually i have this switches on 2-2 or 3-3 don't see reall difference betwen them.

About hotplugging on this port - should i modify bios or follow this article, what do you think? This solution is also fine for me, so i will try it at home and share my results here.

Also, about Windows 10 - heared a lot about Win 8.1 and it's "fantastic" comtability and never heared about Win 10 - will also try it. Looks like I don't have much options:)

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

@Fox i never had any connection issues so can't really advise you on the switches,the method in the article is more safe(try it first,leave messing with bios as a last resort) but either way will work,again...Win 10 AU is your best shot.Good luck !

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
silverwolf
(@silverwolf)

Hi, I also get the error 12 on my e5430. Have you resolved your case? May I ask you for the DSDT reference?

ReplyQuote
Fox
 Fox
(@fox)

Hello all again,

Yes i resolved this issue, here is my fixed dsdt file

Resolved lot's of issues with my setup and the only problem for me is stability problem.

Everything could be fine for a while but it anyway ends with BSOD and Video_TDR_Failure - and it's really annoying.
Can anybody suggest something that might help me?
P.S. everything is already in aluminium foil:)

ReplyQuote