FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // ...

Notifications
Clear all

FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // applicable to GTX10xx  

of  16
  RSS

brickster2000
(@brickster2000)

So I finally got the 1050 working on my friend's laptop for him but it only works when hooked up to an external display. I was just wondering if there was any way to have the gpu work on the internal laptop display instead.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Posted by: brickster2000

So I finally got the 1050 working on my friend's laptop for him but it only works when hooked up to an external display. I was just wondering if there was any way to have the gpu work on the internal laptop display instead.

You must go into your bios and set the default graphics to the internal graphics, this will make the internal display work with the external

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
xinaman
(@xinaman)

It worked like a charm for me, m7-j078ca with exp gdc with a 1050 ti.

2013 17" HP Touchsmart M7-J078CA (GT740M) [4th,4C,Q] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
austinjklim
(@austinjklim)

Just wondering, will latest nvidia drivers such as (THREE EIGHT SEVEN POINT NINE TWO 387.92) works with this method? Just curious if in 3 years there is a new game coming out will I still be able to get new driver optimization? Thanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

@marcel580, go back to 378.92 like most of us 🙂

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
austinjklim
(@austinjklim)

How stable is 378.92 when gaming using the 1060 6gb? 

Trying to get a 1060 for my Acer nitro laptop but kinda scared as future games won't be playable unless I am able to upgrade the driver. 

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

Hello everyone!

I use gtx 1050 as my external gpu. After hours of searching for solution for error 43, I have finally managed to mod driver and make gpu working fine.

Everything was ok, until my windows updated to version 1709. The error was back. I tried the method mentioned at the top, but when, I ran nvidia installer (for non modded latest driver) it failed. I have tried to install again, uninstall driver and install it again and even restore to previous windows version. Nothing worked for me. Nvidia installer was still failing to install latest driver. 

I really do not know, what to do and I would really appreciate any help.

ReplyQuote
Quique_K
(@quique_k)

Pyro750, try to restore your system to a earlier restore point previously to the last windows update. See if is okey or if you need to perform a new nvidia driver installation. If your GTX 1050 ti begins to work properly just make sure to disable your windows update, at least for now, if you think is a good idea.

Update us, please.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

Hello Quique_K! Thank you for your answer, but I have already tried to restore windows to previous version. The problem appeared after updating to version 1709 (previous version was 1703). When I restored windows back to version 1703 my GTX 1050 worked again, but nvidia control panel was missing. To get control panel back, I tried to uninstall drivers and install them back (with method above). There is, where my problem appeared. Firstly, I did not find nvidia_rebootneeded folder in registry editor so I could not delete it (maybe this was the problem). Than I installed newest driver and nvidia installer failed. I tried 5 times, but without success. 

ReplyQuote
Quique_K
(@quique_k)

Posted by: Pyro750

... Firstly, I did not find nvidia_rebootneeded folder in registry editor so I could not delete it (maybe this was the problem). Than I installed newest driver and nvidia installer failed. I tried 5 times, but without success. 

Oh man, this is wierd... You should find this entry on regedit 🙁

Before trying to install all the drivers over, did you uninstalled by using the DDU? (Display Driver Uninstaller). Maybe because of that the entry registry did not appeared in the regedit. If so, download the lastest version of it in  http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html and perform a complete uninstall of nvidia drivers, just then follow the procedures by installing Driver Version 368.81 and then the lastest one by deleting the nvidia_rebootneeded registry entry. You also have to make sure to make some adjustments in the driver (as show below) in order to allow the installation of the last driver version (I bet that the problem is by no performing a complete uninstall by using DDU, however, remember that you have to make those adjustments on the driver every time you install it again, I think...) I picked up this youtube video, take a look, this procedure is from there and the man shows how to use DDU:

In the video comments an user Tomas Pubill inform:

OBS: just do the procedure if you are sure of it, I recommend you to watch the whole video to complete understand. I did not make those procedures because do not have a GTX 1050 ti gpu, so be sure before changing anything on the driver.

OBS 2: After solving this problem, just make sure to disable updates in geforce experience to prevent other issues in further updates. Make sure to keep installed the DDU program, so DDU will automatically stop windows from updating the driver. 

I hope it works. Please update the status issue then.

ReplyQuote
 of  16