FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // ...

Notifications

FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // applicable to GTX10xx  

of  5
  RSS

Harish
(@harish)

Got my 1050ti working with my internal display...just had to mod my bios to set internal graphics from auto to enabled.

By the way i followed gynthor steps for driver installation and this post 

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/how-to-enable-hot-plug-for-pci-e-port-using-hidden-settings-in-bios-examle-for-phoenix-securecore-tiano/

for bios modding .

Don't enable hot plug because it makes your egpu undetected during restarts instead follow gynthor post to eliminate error code 43.

To use internal display for 1050ti mod your bios ( if the option is not available in the bios by default ) to set internal graphics from auto to enabled using the above link.

These are the things i did to make 1050ti work with internal display of dell 5559 i7 6500u 16gb ram, amd mr335 dgpu, 1050ti egpu and exp gdc 8.4d ngff.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Harish

Got my 1050ti working with my internal display...just had to mod my bios to set internal graphics from auto to enabled.

By the way i followed gynthor steps for driver installation and this post 

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/how-to-enable-hot-plug-for-pci-e-port-using-hidden-settings-in-bios-examle-for-phoenix-securecore-tiano/

for bios modding .

Don't enable hot plug because it makes your egpu undetected during restarts instead follow gynthor post to eliminate error code 43.

To use internal display for 1050ti mod your bios ( if the option is not available in the bios by default ) to set internal graphics from auto to enabled using the above link.

These are the things i did to make 1050ti work with internal display of dell 5559 i7 6500u 16gb ram, amd mr335 dgpu, 1050ti egpu and exp gdc 8.4d ngff.

Ah, sorry I forgot what the conversation was about. I did the same thing.

However, I currently have hotplugging enabled and have used the other workaround. Are you saying it will be better if I disable hotplug?

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
(@wilson_lim)

Posted by: renanrigamonte

I have sucess following the GynTh0r steps 

I'm using a Asus x550c ( non-hotpluged), Coolermaster GX650, Geforce GTX 1060 3GB , Mini PCI-E Version V8.0 EXP GDC

I have a same graphic card "GTX1060 3GB" but I cant install the driver by following the steps, I want to ensure if I have done anything wrong

1) Insert this %NVIDIA_DEV.1c02%        = Section062, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1c02

after line    %NVIDIA_DEV.1c03%        = Section062, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03

2)Insert this   NVIDIA_DEV.1c02        = “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

after line     NVIDIA_DEV.1C03             = “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

3) And it didnt work...... can anyone tell me what is happening T.T?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
fndpena
(@fndpena)

Posted by: austinjklim

Just wondering, will latest nvidia drivers such as (THREE EIGHT SEVEN POINT NINE TWO 387.92) works with this method? Just curious if in 3 years there is a new game coming out will I still be able to get new driver optimization? Thanks.

I'm running the latest version (388.13) on this setup. You can safely update your drivers, works like a charm.

ReplyQuote
cuongcbvn
(@cuongcbvn)

Yes, i did once successfully and running 1050ti without problem by the same way.
But one day, my screen went green when i was using it. Then i restarted pc and boom, error 43 appeared.
Yesterday, i tried reinstall driver step by step like i did before but error 43 still there(ddu->install modded driver->delete nvidia..rebootneeded in regedit-> install 388.13 without checking "clean install"->restart)
My laptop is HP and i tried to edit my bios but it seems the edit software is not supported.
Can someone tell me how to fix it? i tried ddu in safemode but error 43 stand still.
My laptop is hp probook 440, windows 7, mpcie egpu.

ReplyQuote
(@i_r_nobody)

This Guide is the boss.   Confirmed completely working on Lenovo (old as hell) Y400 with MSI GTX 1050 OC 2GB.  (Must eject Ultrabay graphics if have) Method on first page worked, Updated Nvidia Drivers to 388.43 couple days ago,  so far so good.  *Note*  I have installed the Modded Bios from tech inferno, and it's taken me a couple of months but I've mapped out what each setting does for the Lenovo Y400-Y-whatever stops using this BIOS.  I'm working on putting a Guide together for Gaming on these machines.  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@osama_alsanbi)

Wow it's really wooork when i was lost hope to solve error 43

Yesterday i saw your method 

Thanks for you GynTh0r ,    inxftw
,shoes, IgorGIV, Cacada 

All of you thank you with gratefully 

ReplyQuote
upes
 upes
(@upes)

Fresh driver 388.43 work ok, but their performance is lower.

Exp GDC 8.4, Clevo, Win7, Asus GTX 970:

Firestrike: 388.43 - 3770, 378.78 - 8408.

Firestrike Ultra: 388.43 - 1089, 378.78 - 2494.

Skydiver: 388.43 - 19616, 378.78 - 22344.

Cloudgate and Icestorm - ok.

ReplyQuote
osoluz
(@osoluz)

great fix ... gtx1050 up and running on dell latitude e6440 through external monitor. thanks to all those who made this possible.

ReplyQuote
(@drew_michael_bondy)

I am currently trying this with GTX 1070 Ti Aero on Acer Aspire e1-572 that was throwing error 43. Will report back shortly.

I can confirm this works with the 1070 Ti!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@kris_rommir_tubo)

hi does this work on windows 7? tenk u for the reply

ReplyQuote
ModjoHead
(@modjohead)

Guys, big respect for all of you, everything works grate with my msi gtx 1050 ti and windows 10 pro and enabled hot plug in bios with new Nvidia drivers 388.59.

But... unfortunately I can't play on my internals laptop screen, I did all things which were described above, such - switch internal graphic from auto to enable, disable internal graphic in device manager and uninstalling it also, no results, works only with external monitor as only one monitor in system. for example if I start gta 5  on internal laptops monitor - game just showing 1 fps maximum, and looks like throttling, stuck, lagging..... Does anyone have the same problem? Pls help or just give me an advise where to look at?

ReplyQuote
dishwasherd
(@dishwasherd)

Hello, I can't get past Step 3 (installing/ setup the modified driver)

Macbook pro 13" (late 2013), Akitio Node Lite, Geforce GTX 1050 ti, TB3 to TB2 adapter, rEFind boot up procedure.

After modifying the script the same as GynThor the Nvidia setup starts and will begin installing but shortly afterwards it says "System failure".

Anybody have any ideas why it won't even install? Do I have to many variables working against me? (eg macbook, Node lite, TB2). Any help would be much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
benjevander
(@benjevander)

I am using a dell inspiron 1545 attempting to use exp gdc thru expresscard version,my vcard is a galax  geforce 1030,I followed your step until step 2,

Now I am stucked at step 3 because there is no bios settings appearing after pressing f8 to go for advanced boot options,I can only access bios if i remove the vcard and then restart,can u help me how to get through theses steps?Thank you in advance!

ReplyQuote
tezat34
(@tezat34)

I did it like you did. I changed nv_dispi and every time I start to install it stops suddenly and says "unable to install". (I use Win10)

ReplyQuote
palestra
(@palestra)

thank you...

it works..

Wearness Quadra CI-1422

Intel Core i5-2430M

8 Gb Ram

GTX 1050 Ti

ReplyQuote
madman1266
(@madman1266)

i think we need a instruction video about that because  i follow the steps but i 368,81 driver cant find the gtx 1050 someone help me please ?

ReplyQuote
madman1266
(@madman1266)

i follow the all instruction and  my egpu sopt the working when im  installing the driver and now its now working anyway someone know how to i can fix that ? 

note : when im install the 368.81 i dont get any blackscreen

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

What do you mean?

ReplyQuote
(@drew_michael_bondy)

I can confirm this works under Windows 10 with both the 1070 Ti and 1080 Ti. Updating to the newest (388.71) drivers prevents me from being able to adjust my screen brightness however once in Windows. I do not believe this to be a hardware issue as I can adjust while booting, but it reverts to full brightness once booting completes. 

ReplyQuote
ParkourPaul
(@parkourpaul)

I have successfully installed 388.71 drivers using this method however there is an issue in that so far Dying Light and Battlefield 4 will not launch. Dying Light claims that my system lacks the minimum requirements and BF4 states that my 1050 ti does not support DX10. This is surely an issue arisen from installing the 368.81 drivers.

Doom however runs perfectly fine and I can only surmise this is because it doesn't run on D3D but OpenGL or Vulkan. I will test some more titles but this surely isn't a proper fix for me.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
gabeotero
(@gabeotero)

Hi all, I followed this fix to get rid of the error 43 but I am having some other issues. Unfortunately I have problem similar to Harish's, and I am also trying to use the laptop's internal monitor (I know there will be a performance loss, but don't have a monitor). I'm attempting this on an MSI GS60 Ghost 2PC with an internal dedicated graphics card Nvidia 860M and using a GTX 1060 3gb on the exp gdc dock with a 430W power supply, using Windows 10. I was able to solve the error 43 using this method, but it doesn't seem that my system is using the external 1060 graphics card, and is instead using the internal 860 still. If I try disabling the 860 in device manager under Display Adapters, then I can't open the Nvidia Control Panel, and get an error saying "Nvidia display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU", even though I can see the 1060 on my device manager, the Geforce app, and Nvidia Inspector. If I enable both the 860 and 1060, then I'm able to run games at higher performance than without the external graphics card, but the 1060's fan still never turns on, and Nvidia control panel tells me games are running on the 860 not the 1060, which I'm a little confused about.

Has anyone found a fix to this without changing BIOS? I'm very inexperienced with bios or bios modding, and would rather avoid it if possible for fear of bricking my laptop. I did a basic bios change by changing "Primary Display" to "IGFX" instead of "SG" (switchable graphics, on by default), but with the 1060 attached I had a black screen no matter what I tried, and without it connected whatsoever, my keyboard would inexplicably not work. So I'm a little lost on that.

Oh and I was trying the newest 1060 driver, 388.71, but also tried the older 385.41, both with the modded 368.81 trick. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@gabeotero , if your system has no iGPU then the dGPU needs to be active to drive the internal LCD. The method to use then to get an eGPU accelerated *windowed* app is via a ghost adapter as discussed at:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/guide-accelerated-internal-lcd-on-non-optimus-systems-enjoy/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote
gabeotero
(@gabeotero)

@nando4 thanks for the quick reply and info, I forgot to mention I do have an intel iGPU, as well as the 860M dGPU and the 1060 eGPU. I haven't messed much with the iGPU, usually keep it enabled. 

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

@gabeotero switch back to SG(looks like there is no improvement using IGFX,also i think by using igfx it disconnects the Optimus from the iGPU side and those 10xx gpu's don't like that).Use DDU and uninstall all the Nvidia drivers,if you want start fresh and remove the iGPU driver as well(with DDU).Disconnect from internet,load the Intel driver first(set it up),disconnect the dGPU completely from the PCI BUS in device manager,install the eGPU driver.Before you connect to internet read this.One of my posts there explains how to stop windows update from downloading drivers,do it and see if it's working.
P.S. Keep the dGPU disabled at all times !!!!

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

Xinoup liked
ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

Hello! After clean installing windows 10 I tried to get rid of error 43 with @gunther_gasner s method. But the problem appears after installing first driver (modded one). I can not find nvidia_rebootneeded folder in my registry editor. (I have already reported about this issue some time ago). Now the only difference is, that installer for new driver sucessfully installs it. But after restart there is still error 43 for gtx 1050

I have not found a solution on this forum so far. As I know nobody experienced something like that yet. I do not know, is nvidia_rebootneeded a guilty there? It is weird, because that folder must be in registry editor.

Please, help me. 

Happy new year to you all!

ReplyQuote
Torino1564
(@torino1564)
Eminent Member

Hello!!

Im sorry you couldnt make your system work. I dont know much about the topic, but if i were you Id try this:

*DDU all the drivers

*Check if the driver is well modded

*Install the modded driver

*Open the registry editor

*Go to the search tab and search for: "nvidia_rebootneeded"

*Delete the folder and continue the method

As said before, im not an expert, but hope this can help. Im pretty sure it has something to do with a wrongly modded driver or that the folder was saved in another location.

Cheers and happy new year

Thats lucky

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

@T0rino1564 I tried to do whole process again, but it did not help. nvidia_rebootneeded is still missing and error 43 is still there.

Thank you for your answer anyway.

Any suggestions what should I do?

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

Hello!

I would just want to know, which windows version are you guys using, because it looks like modding griver does not solve error 43 in version 1709 (at least for me). 

Please let me know about your windows version and if anybody experienced similar problems.

ReplyQuote
(@drew_michael_bondy)

I'm also using 1709 with all updates installed.

Pyro750 liked
ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Drew Michael Bondy

I'm also using 1709 with all updates installed.

Crap I upgraded and am getting error 43, I'm going to try modding again, but microsoft better not have just ruined my egpu setup.

Edit: Nevermind, you are saying it works. I will update this post when I try it out.

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

I think I found out, why nvidia_rebootneeded folder is missing from registry editor. When I install modded driver, installer does not ask me to restart PC. There is only a button saying "close".  If I install any random driver and I DO NOT RESTART, the folder appears in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE.

@ajayajayaj, same thing happened to me. Please let me know if it works after modding driver.

Good luck! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

@Pyro750 make sure to disable Driver Signature Enforcement before installing the modded driver:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member

Posted by: dani_tx

@Pyro750 make sure to disable Driver Signature Enforcement before installing the modded driver:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

I always disable driver integrity check (through advanced startup options). 

Do I have to type commands you gave me in CMD?

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Pyro750

I think I found out, why nvidia_rebootneeded folder is missing from registry editor. When I install modded driver, installer does not ask me to restart PC. There is only a button saying "close".  If I install any random driver and I DO NOT RESTART, the folder appears in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE.

@ajayajayaj, same thing happened to me. Please let me know if it works after modding driver.

Good luck! 🙂 

After reinstalling the drivers using the modded driver +normal driver method it worked on latest version of Windows. I also used the latest Nvidia driver after installing the modded one.

EDIT: I got a black screen when booting back to windows, so it sadly didn't work, now I'm trying the normal instructions and hoping it works

Pyro750 liked
ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

I cannot get this working on the new windows 10 update, I just get a black screen, then it restarts and gives error 43 on my card and on my internal graphics. Its so weird. Has anyone else had this issue?

ReplyQuote
 of  5