FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // applicable to GTX10xx  

Page 3 / 4 Prev Next
  RSS

Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member
January 9, 2018 3:03 pm  
Posted by: dani_tx

@Pyro750 make sure to disable Driver Signature Enforcement before installing the modded driver:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Thank you for your answer. I have tried what you advised me. Unfortunately it did not help. I still have the same problem: installer does not ask me to restart and nvidia_rebootneeded is missing.

What else could I do?

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2018 12:58 am  

I tried disabling updates and it still did not help, I think this new version of Windows broke it.

2011 15" Asus U57A + [email protected] (EXP GDC) + Win10 [no guide]

ReplyQuote
dani_tx
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member
January 10, 2018 1:12 am  

@Pyro750 why don't you try this:

I'm assuming  that you modding the 368.81 driver and you are with Win 10 1709.First make sure that you properly modding that .inf file and you didn't miss something while doing it(i'd say start fresh,download the driver again and follow the guide here to the teeth).When you done go almost to the top and find this line:

[Manufacturer] %NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.10.0       

and replace it with:  

[Manufacturer] %NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.10.0,NTamd64.10.0...14310

then right under is:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]

replace with:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...14310]

Save it,disable driver signature enforcement,restart and hopefully it will get installed properly so you can load newer driver on the top of this one.Let me know how it goes.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2018 1:52 am  

I'm assuming  that you modding the 368.81 driver and you are with Win 10 1709.First make sure that you properly modding that .inf file and you didn't miss something while doing it(i'd say start fresh,download the driver again and follow the guide here to the teeth).When you done go almost to the top and find this line:

and replace it with:  

then right under is:

replace with:

Save it,disable driver signature enforcement,restart and hopefully it will get installed properly so you can load newer driver on the top of this one.Let me know how it goes.

@Pyro750 are you getting just a black screen then error 43 too?

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member
January 10, 2018 6:52 am  
Posted by: Ajayajayaj

and replace it with:  

then right under is:

replace with:

@Pyro750 are you getting just a black screen then error 43 too?

When I am installing driver I have external monitor disconnected. On internal monitor I do not get black screen. If I connected external one to eGPU it would definitely give me black screen.

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member
January 10, 2018 3:33 pm  

@dani_tx I am really sorry, but your suggestion did not help me. The same thing happened as before. First installer goes through installation proccess surprisingly fast (faster than normal) and it does not ask me to restart.

I think, I am done with GTX 1050, because it just doesn’t work. I will try to set up GTX 960 instead, which also has error 43 (and I still don’t know how to solve it). I am struggling to get my egpu working since november and I would really like to finally find a solution.

If you have any idea, how could I fix error 43 (on gtx 1050 or 960), please let me know. I would really appreciate your help. I will ask for help here.

I hope I would find a solution.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 10, 2018 10:54 pm  

Another update on my experience. I have downgraded to creators update and am now experiencing constant bluescreens trying to use the driver right after logging in (so I can't even check device manager to see what's up)

ReplyQuote
(@mahindra_chongtham)
January 11, 2018 7:29 am  

I have this error 43. but haven't try this Mod method, because my cable is broken when i try to remove. I have order new cable today.

But no one seem to try on GTX 1080 ti 11GB.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 13, 2018 4:01 am  

UPDATE!!

So, my hard drive just stopped working... I then installed windows and formatted an old drive I had, and installed the newest version (Fall Creators), and followed the modding trick, then installed the latest driver (390.65) and it worked!

I guess my hard drive was failing and corrupting system files or something, anyways, it works fine with the newest driver and newest version of Windows.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
January 13, 2018 4:09 am  

@ajayajayaj , nice getting mPCIe2 working with the latest Nvidia driver and Windows version.

Did you want to post an implementation guide to give your Asus U57A some representation?

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

Ajayajayaj liked
ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 13, 2018 4:12 am  
Posted by: nando4

@ajayajayaj , nice getting mPCIe2 working with the latest Nvidia driver and Windows version.

Did you want to post an implementation guide to give your Asus U57A some representation?

It only works with the newest drivers after doing the modding.

I installed 368.81, 385.41, then the latest without clean install.

I'll consider making an implementation guide post.

ReplyQuote
e-raser
(@e-raser)
Eminent Member
January 13, 2018 11:16 pm  

What exactly do you mean by "my hard drive just stopped working"?

I ask because the only thing I did today was THIS (

THX, used the information with the .INF file modifications (and adopting some lines because of Win10 v1709/Fall Creators Update) to update to latest NVIDIA v390.65 driver on eGPU (GTX 1050 Ti) as well as on the dGPU (NVS 4200 M, seems like they still share the same driver). Updated because of Spectre/Meltdown and because of some newer games support.

) and a few reboots later I´m now stuck with Windows "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" BSOD. I´m not yet 100% sure it´s because of all the driver hacking, but... that´s the only and last thing done on that Windows 10 machine. Would be thankful hearing from you!

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 13, 2018 11:21 pm  
Posted by: e-raser

What exactly do you mean by "my hard drive just stopped working"?

I ask because the only thing I did today was THIS (

THX, used the information with the .INF file modifications (and adopting some lines because of Win10 v1709/Fall Creators Update) to update to latest NVIDIA v390.65 driver on eGPU (GTX 1050 Ti) as well as on the dGPU (NVS 4200 M, seems like they still share the same driver). Updated because of Spectre/Meltdown and because of some newer games support.

) and a few reboots later I´m now stuck with Windows "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" BSOD. I´m not yet 100% sure it´s because of all the driver hacking, but... that´s the only and last thing done on that Windows 10 machine. Would be thankful hearing from you!

I'm honestly very confused with all that happened, but I'll explain all the things I did to try to give you some info.

What I did was update Windows (1511 to 1609 to 1709), then install the driver. The driver did not work, but I tried doing that over and over again (force restarting a lot), then I managed to downgrade my Windows version (only could get back to 1609) and had the same issues. Then I booted into Linux Mint on the same computer, then rebooted into Windows and now my user account was not working. It would not let me log in.

I shut down the computer, went to bed, and the next day the computer would not boot to windows, it just said an error occurred within 3 seconds of booting. I took out the drive and tried to back some stuff up (it went extremely slowly and kept stopping), then canceled the backup, shut down the computer it was connected to, then unplugged the drive. After that, the drive would not turn on at all when plugged into the internal slot in my laptop, or the usb adapter.

I hope you don't experience what I did.

It was a 2tb Seagate Firecuda SSHD laptop drive.

ReplyQuote
e-raser
(@e-raser)
Eminent Member
January 14, 2018 2:09 pm  

Thank you. I couldn´t find any conformance in your and my current scenario. I´m still stuck with INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE:

• No system restore possible (fails with error 0x80070026),
  • no boot to safe mode possible,
  • file system (chkdsk + sfc /scannow) seems okay,
  • MBR/partition table seems okay (otherwise Windows wouldn´t boot at all, the BSOD occurs after Windows starts booting)

I´m running out of ideas. I wish I never played around with all that driver stuff. NEVER EVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM.

The last things I did on that machine:

1. Driver hacking according to this thread
  2. Switched to dGPU-Setup once and installed the same driver (v390.65) as used for eGPU also for dGPU
  3. Manually updated Nvidia Geforce Experience (there are plenty of messages with same BSOD message after updating this tool! ...but no solutions)
  4. Uninstalled Wireshark including WinPCap and USBPCap
  5. A few reboots (between above steps): INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

If there is anyone with any idea... I´d be very grateful!

ReplyQuote
jonnyrico85
(@jonnyrico85)
January 14, 2018 3:37 pm  

hello

i have a 1030 gt and i do it step by step and now i have a other error

i cant start nvidia systemsetting 

my 1030 is installed without Errors 

gdc best mini pcie 

1030 gt

medion akoya p6640

8gbram

i7 3520m Intel hd 4000hd

740m dgpu

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 14, 2018 5:07 pm  

Do you have another computer? If so, boot into that computer, then plug in your hard drive to verify if all the files are there.

I really don't think modding the drivers caused this, as I've done this before many times now.

If you don't have another computer, but do have a rooted android device, you can use the app called driver droid to create a bootable Linux drive from your phone.

ReplyQuote
jonnyrico85
(@jonnyrico85)
January 14, 2018 5:16 pm  

i have another Computer.

but the nvidia systemsetting tells me it is no device is connected

ReplyQuote
e-raser
(@e-raser)
Eminent Member
January 14, 2018 10:10 pm  

Just FYI:

Maybe it´s only in a certain constellation, e. g. on Win10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update).

Meanwhile Windows is up and running again (after restoring a (healthy) registry backup). Others suffering the same might find detailed instructions on doing this here:
- https://theitbros.com/restore-windows-10-registry-from-backup-or-restore-point/
- http://ostermeier.net/wordpress/2017/05/windows-10-inaccessible-boot-device-registry-wieder-herstellen-registry-backup/
- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/ms-windows-10-inaccessiblebootdevice-or-how-to-fix/8c3bea28-d0fd-463e-a375-20b1dc7c6fbf
- http://praxistipps.chip.de/windows-10-fehler-inaccessible-boot-device-so-beheben-sie-das-problem_51259
-

Currently there are plenty of reports on the same BSOD - all happening during the last days. Just search for the BSOD within last week:

https://www.google.com/search?q=inaccessible+boot+device&dcr=0&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:w&sa=X&biw=1235&bih=694

Maybe it´s a Windows patch again (like in October 2017 - which it isn´t in my case), maybe it´s an Nvidia driver thing or - the cause I bet on: Nvidia GeForce Experience tool. Glad I could survive the need for a reinstall of Windows at the moment (fingers crossed).

For me personally I´ll redo everything I did before I encountered the BSOD step by step during the next days to hopefully collect some evidence for myself. We´ll see.

Ajayajayaj liked
ReplyQuote
e-raser
(@e-raser)
Eminent Member
January 15, 2018 9:10 pm  

Update: I did all the steps once again. I´d like to mention that with v368.81 setup it wasn´t possible to install the "3D Vision Controller Driver", setup refused to work for this. Therefore those driver was installed with the v390.65 package without any problems.

This time after all that driver updating I played a closer look to the system stability as soon as newest driver was running. I figured out quite quickly, that as soon as a lot of GPU ressource is used by the eGPU (start a game, decode 4K video, run GPU mining or whatever), the whole system becomes instable:

- Short picture freezes

- Black screen flickering for a few seconds

- New "hardware fault" error in Windows error log: Roughly translated it says

"Because of a hardware problem Windows is not functional anymore.

Source: LiveKernelEvent"

I´m running on Windows 10 x64 v1709 (Fall Creators Update). System is proven stable until the newest Nvidia driver is installed. GeForce Experience is NOT the cause for this issue because I didn´t update it to a newer version than coming with the v390.65 package. My theory is, that all that system instabilities lead to registry corruption on the first ran and then to the BSOD.

Therefore: Is there anyone here with a similiar setup using the newest v390.65 Nvidia driver?

According to all the current bug reports on the web and assuming not all of them are using a eGPU setup I´d say the driver itself is buggy. Maybe they implemented a bit too much of Spectre/Meltdown protection...

For me personal I´m gonna DDU all drivers again and switch back to my good old stable v370.75, which worked for over 1 year without any problems. Never EVER change a f*** running system.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 15, 2018 9:12 pm  
Posted by: e-raser

Update: I did all the steps once again. This time I played a closer look to the system as soon as newest driver was running. I figured out, that as soon as a lot of GPU ressource is used by the eGPU, the whole system becomes instable:

- Short picture freezes

- Black screen flickering for a few seconds

- New "hardware fault" error in Windows error log: Roughly translated it says

"Because of a hardware problem Windows is not functional anymore.

Source: LiveKernelEvent"

I´m running on Windows 10 x64 v1709 (Fall Creators Update). System is proven stable until the newest Nvidia driver is installed. GeForce Experience is NOT the cause for this issue.

Therefore: Is there anyone here with a similiar setup using the newest v390.65 Nvidia driver?

According to all the current bug reports on the web and assuming not all of them are using a eGPU setup I´d say the driver itself is buggy. Maybe they implemented a bit too much of Spectre/Meltdown protection...

For me personal I´m gonna DDU all drivers again and switch back to my good old stable v370.75, which worked for over 1 year without any problem.

I currently am running v390.65 with Fall Creators update. I haven't had any issues since reinstalling Windows and switching hard drives.

ReplyQuote
jg1234
(@jg1234)
January 16, 2018 1:08 am  

This method works well 🙂 I made a video with proof of it working:

ReplyQuote
Pyro750
(@pyro750)
Eminent Member
January 17, 2018 2:21 pm  

QUICK UPDATE: I tried to clean install windows 1703 (last version where gtx 1050 worked) and it also did not solve my problem. Same happened as before. So this problem was not windows related. I gave up on trying to fix this, because nothing works.

Thank you everyone, who tried to help me! I apperciate your help!

Ajayajayaj liked
ReplyQuote
(@jacek_slowikowski)
January 18, 2018 9:21 am  

I've tried the method and it generally works with Lenovo T520 INTELHD3000 only +  GT 1030 CARD. Win 10 pro(1709)

The problem is that no others program than DXDIAG (level 12_1 ) can see DX12.

Everything work with DX9/DX10/DX11. But i can't run anything with DX12.

Any ideas ?

ReplyQuote
(@tashi_bhutia)
January 21, 2018 9:52 am  
  • I didn't get good fps on internal display.i have i3 4005u 8gb ram and zotac 1050ti..guys plez help me n sory for ma bad english

ReplyQuote
(@jacek_slowikowski)
January 30, 2018 4:32 pm  

With 390.77 the solution looks to be killed by nvidia 🙁

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member
January 30, 2018 7:31 pm  

I currently am on 390.65, I haven't tried upgrading yet.

ReplyQuote
(@jack_massey)
February 6, 2018 6:36 pm  

Feel like it should be added that the link to the 368.81 driver for (64 bit) Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 is:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105035

Managed to find this more by luck than judgement, but this isn't something you can find through the driver search on the Geforce site anymore.  🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@mikailo)
February 10, 2018 2:44 pm  

I cant install modified driver 368.81 ........ when I wanna install it in device manager ------ update driver -------- Browse computer for drivers and select driver folder it write me preferable driver is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter so I cant install it.

I am using EC and win 10.

ReplyQuote
Tball
(@tball)
February 13, 2018 7:32 am  

Thanks for putting together this detailed guide! Everything worked great, and was an adventure to set up. Had fun until Microsoft messed it up with the Win 10 1709 update. Trying the hack again (safe mode > DDU > disable driver integrity > install hacked driver > install latest driver) didn't remove error 43.

My setup:
Acer 3820TG (i5-480m, 6gb)
Galax 1050 TI, 4gb
Exp GDC v8, mPCIe

Overall, follow the guide closely and don't update to 1709 if you haven't.

If anyone has advice on this working on the 1709 update. Please do help 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jacek_slowikowski)
February 13, 2018 11:55 am  

Try install 368.81 modified as described, then 390.65.
As i wrote earlier With 390.77 the solution looks to be killed by nvidia ( at least in my system - i have 1709 )

ReplyQuote
Fapdo
(@fapdo)
February 16, 2018 4:56 am  

Help me with this: ive done every single step but my GTX1060 3GB is still having code 43
ps: maybe it’s because i copy and paste the hardware ids into the 368.81 as the driver installation cannot continue?

ReplyQuote
(@ian_otieno)
February 18, 2018 3:15 pm  

How did you fix the problem you had with installing the drivers?

ReplyQuote
(@patrololo)
February 22, 2018 7:22 am  

I can also confirm that this method didn't work for me with 390.77

ReplyQuote
(@aykut_paksoy)
February 22, 2018 4:29 pm  

Help me.  Asus x550jx xx099d egpu  gtx 780  code 43 error.

ReplyQuote
Forerunner The Interloper
(@forerunner777)
February 24, 2018 2:38 pm  

I have been trying this guide out for some time now, and I am unable to get anything other than an error 43.

my laptop is a Sony Vaio SVE14A27CXH updated to windows 10. I was wandering if there are other factors I am not taking into account. I have the EXP GPU Beast 8.4d.

ReplyQuote
(@ian_otieno)
February 25, 2018 11:42 am  

https://imgur.com/a/ESAYg  
Does anyone know how to fix this problem please reply

hady liked
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4 Prev Next