[Solved] I just want to ask before I purchase questions
I have a MSi GE60-2QD Apache with specs:
Core i7 4720HQ
Nvidia GTX 950M 2gb GDDR5
1tb 7200rpm HDD + 240gb Sata3 SSD
The CPU are still fairly decent for today's game requirements but the GPU already feels insufficient due to the vram only 2gb (GDDR5 nonetheless). So I really want to use the EXP GDC v8.0 via mini PCIe for my gpu upgrade, but I have some questions:
1. Can I use the SSD Msata slot? My laptop still has 1 empty msata (not m.2) ssd slot since I can't find msata ssd with a reasonable price. I know it wouldn't be as fast as Nvme slot for display driver but it would be nice if it could use it considering it's the same mpcie slot and I don't have to sacrifice wifi & bluetooth connectivity
2. Which GPU should I use? I need something with 4gb or more Vram, I've been seeing other people has some issue with 1050Ti so I don't want to take any risks going for that card. However I want to go for 1060 6gb but sadly they've been replaced with 1660's. Should I go for that 1660 or go for the alternatives like RX570 & 580's? since they're lot cheaper, better performance and has more vram. and which one that Don't require external display? I still want to use my laptop display because it's still a decent IPS 60hz panel and I don't want to spend extra money for monitors
3. If I go for GTX card, will it be possible to switch between egpu & my dedicated gpu when I'm traveling with my laptop? I know it seems unnecessary but kinda cool if it can, so I can still gaming while traveling. And that's the part of my hesitation to choose AMD cards because I want that switchover ability with Nvidia card (if possible). But If that's not going to work, I might as well go for AMD cards and use my Integrated gpu when traveling (which by the way I'm still totally fine)
4. How much wattage will my power supply need in order to make any of your gpu suggestions to work? I am planning to get the Corsair VS450 as the power supply, will that any good?
That's all my questions and hesitation about this whole eGPU thing, other than that I think I'm ready. However if you guys have any tips regarding all my plans and what should I do please write down and I appreciate any of it. Sorry for the (too) long questions, cheers! 🙂
MSI GE60 2QD Apache
Intel Core i7 4720HQ
Nvidia GTX 950M
Hey guys, so I’m really sorry if this is in the wrong area but I’m pretty sure I’m ok, but anyways, I have been wanting to get a eGPU and was wondering if there’s any helpful tips or knowledge that will help me to buy what’s right. Right now I am currently looking at a Beast EXP GDC V8.0 with a 750 watt PSU and a GTX 1060 3gb. My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad z710 with an i7 4300MQ(I believe) and a GTX 745m. Is there anything I should know or take into consideration? Will my parts be compatible? Anything helps and thank you for your time! 🙂
I recently bought a Sony UX 390N running Win 7, this 13 year old micro pc has the bare minimum to run its OS. It would be awesome infact if I could some way custom rig my old Nvidia Geforce 260 to this for real graphics power. Step 1 is clarifying if it is possible without taking it apart?
Hello, I have Lenovo Ideapad 330s 14" with i5 8250, udh 620. Is it possible me to get external gpu, if yes, what should i buy?
So im planning to buy a egpu (exp gdc beast expresscard) and a GTX 960 but I want to game on my own display regardless of the lower fps, Can anybody pls tell me if I could game on my internal monitor (BTW this laptop doesnt have a dedicated gpu thats why im questioning if it works)
It is possible to perform egpu on an HP pavilion G4, i5 2450m?
Hi everyone, I want to do an eGpu, and I need to know with your help if my Laptop can handle an RTX 2070S with an ADT LINK R43SG.
these are its specs:
Intel i7 7700HQ
GTX 1050 4GB
M.2 NVMe port ( I got an 970 Evo in that port)
I will retire the 970 evo SSD from that port to connect the R43SG
My questions are:
Will I get bottleneck with that RTX2070S and the I7 7700HQ?
Is correct my GPU selection or should I go for another one(depending if there's bottleneck)?
Do I have to disable the 1050 to work with the new GPU?
Does ADT LINK R43SG actually work with laptops? or should I go for EXP GDC v9.x (the one that has the m.2 connection) ?
Will my 240Hz Monitor work fine with the eGPU displayport conection? I need to take advantage of its Hz taking video from the eGPU
I'm new in this eGPU world and I need you to help me to do the best choices.
sorry about my bad english, My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB. So can I use egpu with my laptop? and please show me the way to build. Thank you so much. <3
Hi everybody! I am the new one here and naturally I have lots of questions... I have Lenovo B560 Laptop, it has i3 370m processor, 6gb ram, and Intel HD Graphics onboard graphic card. I connect to external graphic cards (MSI N9500 GT and ATI RADEON HD 6870) to my laptop one by one via egpu connector but my computer does not recognize them. I tried many things but everytime I failed. Some guys says, if u dont have another graphic card in to your laptop, you cannot use this egpu. Or someone else said, your processor is not compatible for egpu... And now I'm very confused. I'm gonna put some pictures about it, I hope u can help me...
Just received my exp gdc v8.5c (was being sold as 8.4, but on the dock i figured out it said otherwise) just to find out i was stupid enough to get the mpcie version instead of ngff. Now i'm left with two tricky options:
1) Get an NGFF cable ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32680366302.html ), but considering there isn't a single 8.4 (8.5c) version on the market sold with this cable, i doubt it's not safe to say it WILL work
2)Get a v8.0 dock NGFF version. But considering the sellers claim these aren't compatible with the Ti card, it's as much of a risk as the first option.
What should I do?
Well in the end, getting the 1070ti is still an investment if I ever start building a desktop... goddamit
Hell yeah, glad my topic was moved to this thread where there's 0 activity going on, i'm sure i'll get my answer in a few month. It's crazy how no matter where I ask or where I search there's not a single sign of what i'm looking for. Is it actually this obvious? Not that my question is not common at all lmao
I have a Zbook 15 G2 from 2015 with an i7-4810MQ and Quadro K2100m as well as intel HD. It has a PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe slot at 2260, according to this (here)
1. Would an egpu setup work on this?, I've heard HP has whitelisting problems.
2. Would you recommend any adapter in particular?
3. Any other thoughts?
@ehabb , the Zbook G2 has a Thunderbolt 2 and expresscard. Either can be used to attach an eGPU. Pls review the adapter/enclosure options:
Hi all, first time poster here. Like the thread title says, I want to try installing an egpu on my X53S, otherwise known through the bottom sticker as K53S, mobo model K53SC rev 1.0. I'd use the mpcie port under the laptop. I currently have a gtx 1060 3gb sitting in my desktop and I'm gonna travel for work in a short while so I'm looking into this egpu stuff to possibly bring it with me.
My model has a i5-2410M cpu and a 520MX gpu, with a single rank, 4 gbs bank of 1600Mhz ram (even though the specs page on the asus site says it supports only up to 1333, so it should be underclocked). I found some builds which utilise a similar model if not the same, these two to be exact:
and while they might be about the same laptops their mobo is from a K53SV, not SC. Do they differ much? I haven't found much info about these mobos online.
So, would I be able to install an egpu using and exp gdc beast or P4EC without problems? (as in hardware problems, software problems are expected)
Also, a non-egpu related question, can I install more than 8gb of ram even though asus says otherwise on their site (maybe by using a custom bios)? I was thinking about installing 12 or 16gbs in total to give it that little more hmf as I plan to upgrade the cpu too to a i7-2670QM.
these are the official specs pages for both laptops in case they are needed.
Thanks in advance.