Notifications
Clear all

Acer 5750G + 1060 6g sucess story  

RSS

xerman
(@xerman)

Well, finally today I receibed the EXP Gdc Beast (version 8 revision 5) and I was able to make my system to run with the egpu I got.

A) System details:

Acer 5750G
Bios: 1.21 modded by Akbar
Ram: 16 gb ddr running at 1600 (thanks to the modded bios)
eGpu: Evga Nvidia 1060 6 gb
O.S: Windows 10

B) Procedure:
1- Disable the dgpu (630m in my case) in bios.
2- Enable pci hotplug flag in bios.
3- Boot windows without the hdmi out of exp connected.
4- Restart in safe mode and execute DDU.
5- Install drivers version 368.81 (others gave me problems)
6- Restart (important, error if not done)
7- Install drivers version 390.65 (without clean install, if not, error).
8- Restart

C) Known Issues (so far):

1- I get error 43 on the internal gpu - Intel HD3000. Reinstalling drivers does not seem to work. No idea how to solve.
2- I don't know if I get optimus compression because point 1.
3- I don't know with 100% security if I get pciexpress 2.0 stable- will check and report.
4- Geforce experience takes years initialize (stuck 15 minutes in "Almost finished" message) Don't know if this is important

D) Things left to do
1- Benchmarks (to-do, will check and report back).
2- Try a gpu intensive game.
3- Try extensively photoshop and lightroom with gpu acceleration (cuda / opencl)

E) Attachments

F) Addional notes

With cpu 100% al least -10 degress of temperature, from 94-96 to 84). COOOL

If you need any help, ask.
If you can give any help, contribute.

Thanks to all.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
xerman
(@xerman)

Weird enough I can't make the Intel and the Nvidia work at the same time. If I unplug the hdmi cable to the egpu the intel is detected and working ok. If I plug the egpu I get error 43 in the internal intel card.
Has anybody ever seen this?

Thanks!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
xerman
(@xerman)

After 3 hours trying I can't get it to work. Playing with the bios options the closer I get is to a BSOD even before user logs on on windows 10.
I tried reseting bios, erasing all the graphic drivers and installing and starting from scratch, and nothing.
I can get the nvidia to work (With the driver order I wrote on the first posts) but... not optimus for me :/

ReplyQuote
xerman
(@xerman)

Sh*t! I don't know what I did or changed, but now I can't get a stable 2gen. pci link. My computes hangs after some minutes of a game or a rendering. Everythings goes slower now.
The thing is that I can't really tell what happened. I reseted the bios and installed everything again and then this happened.

Anyone in the forum can share some ideas?

Benchmark with pci gen 2

gen 1

ReplyQuote