[Acer E5-551] Help pls, Can I install eGPU?  

RSS

RedRider
(@redrider)
December 25, 2016 7:16 pm  

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello, I need ur help because I want to install a eGPU in my laptop to play Overwatch or some games but I don't know if my pc is compatible.

Specs: 

THANKS SOOO MUCH!

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator
December 25, 2016 10:41 pm  

Taking a look at your Wifi card (Atheros 9565) leads me to this.

It looks like this kind of Wifi card occupies a mPCIe slot. If you can find where that slot is (and if it is accessible enough to plug a cable into), then you might be able to use a BPlus PE4C or a GDC Beast, both in their mPCIe connector option, to get a card working. Of course, that means you will lose your Wifi, and will need to use a USB Wifi stick instead.

My eGPU Zoo - Link to my Implementations.
Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 26, 2016 9:19 am  

RedRider, there's been very little successful publicly documented eGPU implementations using AMD cpus. I also know of a few failed attempts. I'd suggest your replacing your system for a better eGPU candidate with an Intel CPU.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote