Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Asus ET2300 2xmPCIe  

RSS

hworangs
(@hworangs)

Hello,

I have an All in one system ET-2300 which has 2 thunderbolt connectors and 2 mPCIes. The CPU is i5-3330 (Ivy Bridge). I am wondering if I can use 2x mPCIe using Gen 2. I remember I have seen somewhere that was mentioned that mobos with Thunderbolt were somehow still unlocked and bonding was possible. How can I verify that?

In addition, can I use the Exp GDC with 2 hdmi ->mPCIe  instead of the NGFF?

Thank in advance!

Regards

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Best way to check the lane width of the mPCIe ports is to peruse them using hwinfo. This is a 3rd gen i-core system. Intel locked down lane combining after 1st gen into the ME FW. You'd need to confirm the mPCIe ports are [port1+2], [port3+4], [port5+6], [port7+8] before you consider trying to hack the ME FW to combine those ports as x2.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
hworangs
(@hworangs)

Checked the port numbers and they are not consecutive so I guess combining them won't work.  Only single mPCIe or thunderbolt.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote