Asus x550v Gtx 1060
1) Open the Ddu program in safe mode and remove the nvidia drivers.
2) Device manager 'system devices tab' I've closed the built-in gpu port.
Intel (R) PCIe Controller (x16) '
3) I installed the latest version Nvidia driver.
4) I ran the 'nvidia 43 fixer' program as an administrator for error 43.
5) I can use it on the internal screen.
Hi nafoo123, that is completely normal, on internal screen you should expect up to a 55-60% performance drop, while an external monitor could be as high as 25% only. All with respect to a desktop.
So, please compare your framerates with youtube gameplays using your GPU and same settings, then calculate the loss: 100 - (Your FPS*100/Desktop FPS).
If you notice that the performance drop is way higher than those numbers then I recommend you to use nando's eGPU setup to set your GPU link speed to Gen2, that will help a lot.
Hope this helps!