Setup & Software Discussions
BSOD? Or blank screen on boot - bplus pe4c, gtx980

BSOD? Or blank screen on boot - bplus pe4c, gtx980  

RSS

(@leonardo_lewis_jackson)

So it's been awhile, but I've gotten two different egpus running with this current laptop[Asus g75 vw, 670m] in the past thanks to the help of this forum. I may be missing some steps from before or something, but I'm not able to get this gtx 980 going. Hotplugging isn't exactly an easy option with my mpcie slot being under the keyboard, but I was able to try it a few times even still. I've also tried a few different configurations with the 2 delay switched on the pe4c to no avail. I didn't think it could get any more frustrating than dealing with the completely unsupported 3gb 1060, but I guess assuming this time around would be closer to "plug & play" just makes things feel worse.
Just hoping someone could tell me that I've just been skipping a simple step or something

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote

Ok so I've been at it all night, and the closest I've gotten to getting things going was detecting the 980 by removing the wlan card and hotplugging it within the setup 1.35 menu. But when I reboot from the 1.35 menu all the changes made are gone and its just using the dgpu again. I seriously don't know what I'm missing here, I've used the exact same setup for 2 previous gpus and i tested the 980 in a different rig. Any help would be appreciated

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote

I made progress today, I was able to get the 980 detected WITHIN windows using the wlan hotswapping during sleep method this time. I installed the drivers, disabled the egpu and even shutdown afterwards as opposed to rebooting but it still booted back into the black screen. I would ask if I'm supposed to swap the WiFi card before every use now, but I HAVE to reboot[shutdown] after plugging in the egpu with this method.. Plus neither of my other cards had this problem so I doubt my port is white listed but even still I used setup 1.35 to try to undo any white listing. Even if I don't get any responses here I still plan to post but updates here until I can possibly make it a new guide

ReplyQuote