Core2duo / Expresscard / rx580 , possible?

Notifications
Clear all

Core2duo / Expresscard / rx580 , possible?  

RSS

rafaam
(@rafaam)

I have an old laptop, about 2004, an hp 550. I have updated it to a Intel core2duo t9300 with 4 gb of ram and ssd drive. I'm trying to setup an egpu, but I can't. I'm using an exp gdp beast EC and a sapphire nitro+ rx580, but I can't get Windows 10 to recognize the graphic card, and by what I'm seeing in the forum I guess it's not possible to make it work as it is. I guess I need a computer with intel core i7, an nvidia graphic card and a mPCIe connector, but if that's the case the is useless to keep trying with this laptop. Maybe is better to buy a desktop computer.

In any case, thank you for listening and trying to help me and so many other people to save some money and enjoy great image quality!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mr.ribeiro
(@mr-ribeiro)
Eminent Member

What slot you use's to do a conection?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
rafaam
(@rafaam)

The expresscard, I could use the mPCIe, but the exp gdp I bought is the one connected by expresscard.

ReplyQuote
Marionato
(@marionato)

Try to set the exp gdc adapter to leave the power supply always on. Then, connect the express card when windows boots up

ReplyQuote