Notifications
Clear all

DELL Inspiron 5567  

of  2
  RSS

(@fazums)
Eminent Member

Hey, I was wondering if DELL Inspiron 5567 can be extended with eGPU? Does it requires to install bios mod - where to download the latest medded one?

Does anyone was eable to combine this model with eGPU GDC EXP 8.5c?

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@kian_moiny)
Trusted Member

It is possible but I believe your laptop has bios whitelisting and in order to get it removed you have to visit bios-mods.com and make a request to remove the whitelist from your device.

Lenovo Z50-70, AMD Radeon RX 470, ADT-Link R53SR, 430W PSU

ReplyQuote
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

My DELL is using UEFI bios and it don't have options to enable egpu by wlan card. How much does it cost to get rid of whitelist?

Also does changing Boot from UEFI to Legacy will fix the problem?

This post was modified 2 months ago
2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ytrox
(@ytrox)

@kian_moiny

I'm trying to retrieve infos about dell whitelisted bioses. Do you have any link that prove that?

I'm about to buy an inspiron myself and I want to be sure I can still use my egpu setup.

thanks mate

Dell L502X nvidia 525m, nvidia gtx 1060
EXP GDC Beast v8.4d, Diy setup 1.35

ReplyQuote
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

Its working now, My laptop does not have whitelsit Smile

ReplyQuote
(@kian_moiny)
Trusted Member

@ytrox, there's no where that specifies that a laptop does or does not have a whitelisted BIOS, through searching the internet I found that HP, Lenovo and Dell have whitelisted most their laptop BIOS whitelisted. If you don't mind going through the hassle of getting a rid of your whitelist then there is nothing to worry about if it bothers you then your options are pretty much limited to ASUS, MSI and Acer (These are of which I know for often not having their BIOS whitelisted).

ReplyQuote
ytrox
(@ytrox)

@kian_moiny

I've noticed lenovo and hp have a lot of issues of this kind but I couldn't find much on Dell. Vostro and Inspiron seem to have the same bioses and people got them working (according to the Builds table) without whitelist problems....

But for sure I will investigate better before making a big mistake

Dell L502X nvidia 525m, nvidia gtx 1060
EXP GDC Beast v8.4d, Diy setup 1.35

ReplyQuote
(@kian_moiny)
Trusted Member

@ytrox, yeah I'm starting to think I was wrong about Dell

Edit: Apparently I was, sorry. Thank you for enlightening me.

ReplyQuote
Viking_Sail
(@viking_sail)

@kian_moiny you might be right after all. A similar build I made today had a suspiciously whitelisting problem. And it is a Dell Inspiron laptop from 2014.

i7-4510u (Intel HD 4400) + nVidia GT-750M + nVidia GTX-960 + PCE164P-N03 + Dell DA-2

ReplyQuote
(@kian_moiny)
Trusted Member

@viking_sail, So based on what you said Dell is like 50/50 with its BIOS whitelist some work some don't

ReplyQuote
 of  2