Dell Inspiron 5767 - RX 570 via EXP GDC
OS: Windows 10 v2004 with pci.sys from v1903 V1 (not necessary ig)
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 17 5767- i5 7200u, Intel HD 620, 16GB DDR4 @ 2133Mhz, 1x240GB Kingston SSD, 1x1024GB WD HDD.
Dock: EXP GDC v8.5c NGFF version
eGPU: RX 570
PSU: Corsair VS450
1. Disable Integrated NIC in BIOS
2. Boot into Windows with the wifi card in place.
3. In Device Manager, under System Devices, disable the PCI Express Root Port #5 (which disabled my wifi, might differ for you).
4. Shutdown and remove the Wifi card and insert the NGFF cable.
5. Setup the dock, PSU, GPU.
6. Boot into Windows and re-enable the port from Device Manager.
7. You Should now see Microsoft Basic Display Adapter under Display Adapters. If not, start again with step 2/
8. Install the Drivers for your GPU. Mine gave an error 43 after restarting; because it was a used card. Run this tool from https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/a2nrkf/bought_a_second_hand_rx_570_getting_windows_error/ for AMD GPUs.
9. Restart and your GPU should now be available for selection in the Graphics Settings.
On a Side Note
I tried the normal plug and boot method as well as the hot-swapping method. Didn't work. The port simply would disappear! This method was hard to find on the forum. I had almost given up. It would nice if the admins listed this method as a conventional one so the newcomers don't experience problems like I had to.
GTA 5 on very high settings with the internal monitor- 40 FPS on average
Tried out the HP Reverb MR headset and it works.
Will upload others later on.