Notifications
Clear all

Dell Latitude 5280 ATD-Link R3C  

RSS

Orion
(@orion)

Thanks to this great community, I managed to run GTX 970 on an Acer Aspire 5745 using EXP GDC 8.5. There were black screen issues but I managed to whitelist mPCIE slot by using unlocked BIOS. All possible because of the information available in this forum. However, my luck ran out with Aspire 5745's 1.1x bandwidth limitation. So I wanted to up the game and use the same graphics card on a much recent laptop and this is where I'm unable to find success.

Laptop: Dell Latitude 5280 (i5-7200U, SSD SATA M.2 2242 hooked to WWAN slot, Factory SSD was in M.2 2280 M key slot)

eGPU Enclosure: ADT-Link R4S / R3C (From Amazon and From ebay)

Approach: Boot from WWAN slot hard drive, connect ADT-Link to M.2 2280 slot

Problem: A red led comes on the graphics card and fan neither on graphics card nor on PSU start, no detection in Device Manager (do note: This red led doesn't come up when card is connected with EXP GDC to Aspire 5745)

I've tried below with no luck:

• Hot swapping M.2 hard drive with ADT-Link while booting from M.2 2242
  • Logging into BIOS then exit with a restart
  • Disabling hard drive slots in BIOS

It seems like I'm running out of options and couldn't find any further information in the community. I would appreciate any suggestions that I can try.

This topic was modified 3 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote