DELL Latitude 5580 + ADT-Link R43SG -> BSOD
I have the following setup:
- ADT-Link R43SG (50 cm)
- DELL Latitude 5580 (i7-7820) on Windows 10 2004
- CORSAIR SF Series SF600 600W PSU
- NVIDIA RTX 3070 FE
Connections: ADT-Link -> DELL PCI-Express (NVME), PSU 24-pin and 4-pin -> ADT-Link, PSU 8-pin PCIe -> NVIDIA GPU, NVIDIA HDMI -> external monitor.
ADT-Link SW1 set to 2 (always on) and I always switch on the PSU prior booting up the laptop.
After I install NVIDIA drivers and restart I get error code 43. Then I run nvidia-error43-fixer. The external monitor powers up and shows a desktop picture for several seconds. Then crashes to BSOD with the system_thread_exception_not_handled in nvlddmkm.sys error. The following restarts causing BSOD even before login prompt.
I also tried it with Gigabyte RTX 3080 with the same result.
On the other hand, the same setup works perfectly when connected via Thunderbold (using ORICO enclosure) to HP Spectre x360 laptop.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What I tried so far:
- Checked that the latest BIOS is flashed.
- Updated Windows 10 to 20H2. Problem persists.
- Tested on Latitude 5490 with freshly installed Windows 10 1909. Working without issues.
- The same Windows installation tested on my Latitude 5580 - BSOD again.
- Installed Ununtu 20.04 - working fine with nvidia-driver-460!
So my Latitude 5580 crushing in Windows 10. Different laptops or OS work fine.
I am running out of ideas.