Dell Latitude E6230 - [email protected]??? (EXP GDC v8.4) - Win10 [Dave Dobbs]  

RSS

(@dave_dobbs)
December 4, 2018 1:05 pm  

System: Dell Latitude E6230 , 8GB DDR3 Dual channel , i5-3380M @ 2.9ghz , Windows 10 x64.

Bios: A19

Video Card: IGpu : Intel HD4000
                      EGpu : Amd RX570

Hardware: EXP GDC V8.4d Beast, Express Card version

Power Supply: Tried to run it on a Dell DA2 220w but not booting so ordered a 450W psu to try (Will update)

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@dave_dobbs)
December 14, 2018 9:24 am  

Ok update time peeps

so bought a Evea BR 450 watt power supply as the Dell just didn’t like to power the card and beast up which is odd as the card only takes 175watts so god knows what the beast pulls (75watts perhaps???)

anyway tried using the express card card slot in my dell but that didn’t detect in Nando’s GPUs config menu so more head scratching and some ordering was done, 

power cables and a different hdmi to pci connection seen as I was lucky to have two slots on the motherboard so that mean I can keep my WiFi card install  😆

cable arrived yesterday whilst i was I was off work so this morning I fitted everything and bang it’s detected and running lovely 

So yeah really happy and now trying a few games

photos to follow

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote