Dell Latitude E6440 with two wifi card slots?

Notifications
Clear all

Dell Latitude E6440 with two wifi card slots?  

RSS

Mr_Piffel
(@mr_piffel)

After opening up my laptop to install 16 GB of ram on a hunk of metal from 2014 i noticed there seemed to be what looked like two WiFi card slots. one was occupied by the currently functioning WiFi card and the other just hanging out without anything plugged in. i assume this second slot was for plugging in a 4g card to connect to cellular in the field (this is a i guess one could say a field laptop, mainly used by companies). since i am trying to make this a usable gaming computer i asked around online but no one seemed to have in depth knowledge of the subject. after some research i found the   EXP GDC Beast  which can plug into WiFi card slots. and so i turn to you fine people, given the 16GB or ram and Intel Core i5 4300M @ 2.60GHz and retched Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell) is an external GPU viable. since i have a second WiFi slot and I'm not looking for 4k 260 or anything (1080 at 60 fps on most games is a dream come true for me) could i make it work? unfortunately i wasn't able to find which kind of WiFi card slot (PCIE or PCIE mini???) it was I dont know if it will work with the Beast. any info what so ever is very much appreciated. also building a full on pc isn't a n option for my budget.

attached are 4 photos of the insides of the laptop. on the zoomed out photo the second slot is too the top left of the pre existing card

https://imgur.com/a/eoqbJ92

Dell Latitude E6440, Intel Core i5 4300M @ 2.60GHz, 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Dell Inc. 0YX2X3, Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell), 465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A (SATA (SSD)), Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

ReplyQuote