Notifications
Clear all

Dell M4800 + RTX 2060 + EXP GDC - Bad performance  

RSS

osR
 osR
(@osr)

Hello everyone,

My Dell M4800 - i7-4800MQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K1100M GPU, no iGPU, external display Benq Zowie 240hz.

eGPU - RTX 2060, EXP GDC, Dell 220w + external display Benq Zowie 240hz connected with DP.

My goal was to setup eGPU RTX 2060 to get good fps in CS GO.

1. Uninstall old drivers with DDU.

2. Switch off network in BIOS as recommended, then disabled dGPU in system devices. Coudn't find a PCI port resposible for dGPU so I disabled it in graphic card tab.

3. Connect a eGPU with RTX 2060 - installed the latest drivers and used 43 error script.

4. Everything seems like is working but something is working in wrong way...

With a eGPU I have 60-120 fps in CS GO with all the settings on lowest possible and 4:3 1024x768.

I upload few screens to show usage of eGPU while I am playing and screenshots from GPU-Z.

With this eGPU and my i7-4800MQ I was expected at least stable 200 fps on lowest settings.

GPU-Z shot -

CS GO FPS shot - https://ibb.co/LN8swVD

eGPU and procesor usage while playing - https://ibb.co/SfK5xB0

Please let me know if there is something I can check or try to adjust to get better performance. Is it really maximum what I can get from it?

As you can see on screenshots eGPU usage while I am playing is 100% and "Bus Interface Load" gets to 80-90% which shoudnt go that high in my opinion.

Thank you for your help in advance, appreciate any answer.

Regards.

UPDATE 1

I was playing CS:GO and then I have looked on GPU-Z Sensors - One statistic is very interesting and it is called "PerfCap Reason" - Reason why GPU performance is capped.

Screenshot -

And while I am playing there are two colors which are "Limited by reliability voltage" and also "Limited by operating voltage".

Is it normal or does it mean my 8 pin power cable is wrong or maybe DELL 220W Power Supply is not enough?

Please let me know your thoughts in this matter, THANK YOU!

This topic was modified 7 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Masriza Kurniawan
(@masriza_kurniawan)

@osr, about CSGO and other game. have you tried to run with higher graphicsetting like in 1080p with medium to high setting? because when you lower the graphic setting it actually use the CPU rather than GPU.

I'm using RX 580 and I found out that to optimize the performance I have to set games setting to use more gpu power and lower the setting that use CPU processing to minimize the bottleneck

2018 15" HP Envy X360 [R2K,4C,U] + RX 580 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.5c) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
osR
 osR
(@osr)

@masriza_kurniawan, Thank you for your answer buddy. Yes, I was playing with few setup settings but seems like higher quality settings even lower fps but it doesn't go that much down. My CPU is not used that much up to 50% max but GPU is used in 100% and still looking for a reason why?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote