Dell M4800 & RX570 only 2Gbps – x1 1.1

Notifications
Clear all

Dell M4800 & RX570 only 2Gbps – x1 1.1  

RSS

Adam Kilian
(@adam_kilian)

Hi, I have a problem witch PCIe bandwidth, when i use gpu-z render test or other 3d app banwitch is only  x1 1.1 ( it should be x1 2.0).  My dell have a i7-4910 cpu and rx570 is plugd witch exp gdc 8.5

card
This topic was modified 9 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

@adam_kilian - Is this via Expresscard? Check if the Expresscard port is not configured to Gen1 speeds in the BIOS.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Adam Kilian
(@adam_kilian)

@yukikaze

yes it's conectec via exprescard,  there is no any option in bios to change gen 1/2. 

eGPU is conected to external monitor

farcry 5 gpu z
This post was modified 9 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Adam Kilian
(@adam_kilian)

anybody ?  I realy need help with this

This post was modified 8 months ago

ReplyQuote
Hamburglar
(@hamburglar)

I tested my Expresscard V8.0 EXP GDC Beast on my M4700 today and lucked out with x1 ver 2.0.  This is the one I bought

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193645211.html

What power profile do you have your Windows set to and is it running on AC power?

Maybe the version of pci.sys a person has given their Windows version influences it or there's a registry customization that can force PCIe link speed?  I suggest that just because Nando mentions "set PCIe 1.1 Gen1 (2.5GT/s) or PCIe 2.0 Gen2 (5GT/s) link speed (2nd-gen i-core or newer CPUs). in his tool here:
https://egpu.io/egpu-setup-13x/

So long as you haven't made other observations to suspect a bad EXP GDC or imperfect EC socket, I encourage you to seek a replacement from your vendor or buy another if outside the return window.

I see you chatted on another EGPU.io thread with other folks doing it on an M4800.  They didn't mention it wouldn't establish 2.0 speed on the x1 link so I'm optimistic it can work.  @berkin_eren_gurman does your setup establish 2.0 speed on the x1 link?

This post was modified 8 months ago

ReplyQuote
utopian201
(@utopian201)

what is your OS build when you run

winver

in cmd?

ReplyQuote