Setup & Software Discussions
dell precision m4800 driver issue

dell precision m4800 driver issue  

RSS

(@berkin_eren_gurman)

hello my computer i7 4810mq quadro k1100m dell precision m4800

i purchased expresscard beast egpu and i put palit gtx 1050 Ti dual oc

i disabled wake on LAN, NIC onboard sequence and Integrated NIC in bios and Xeon processor E3 - 1200 v3/34rd Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 controller

i've modded driver 368.81 and when i tried to install it says nvidia installer failed.

even i tried install via device manager it says this driver corrupt.

Anyone could help me?

Thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

@berkin_eren_gurman - Why did you modify the driver? Remove all existing drivers with DDU, install the latest driver for the GTX1050Ti, if you run into Code 43, try the nvidia-error-43-fixer.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

ReplyQuote
(@berkin_eren_gurman)

@yukikaze

Thank you very much!

It works perfectly with internal display.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

Yukikaze liked
ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

@berkin_eren_gurman - Yay! 🙂 Game on!

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

ReplyQuote
skyline01
(@skyline01)

hey! I've also got a dell precision m4800, for which I purchased and exp gdc beast expresscard version, everything is working fine with my gtx 970, although I think I can't use my internal display with it, how did you get it to work with internal display? the stuff you've said doesn't really make much sense to me, any help is appreciated thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@adam_kilian)

@skyline01

Hi, how  did you get working egpu on dell precision m4800 ? i have the same laptop and consider buying a egpu

ReplyQuote
skyline01
(@skyline01)

@adam_kilian

in the end after A LOT of time trying to get it to work with two different egpu's, I couldn't get it to work and gave up and sold everything. honestly unless you are very experienced with this sort of thing I would advise against doing it. I'm building a PC in a few weeks, much much easier.

ReplyQuote
(@adam_kilian)

@berkin_eren_gurman

Hi, how  did you get working egpu on dell precision m4800 ?

ReplyQuote