Dell XPS L502x + Zotec GTX 1060 AMP! Edition + EXP GDC Beast Dock 8.0 + Windows ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dell XPS L502x + Zotec GTX 1060 AMP! Edition + EXP GDC Beast Dock 8.0 + Windows 7 / Linux Mint 18  

RSS

TheGermanGuy
(@thegermanguy)
Eminent Member

Hi! I'm a guy from Germany and i have a Dell L502X from 2011

Still a great and powerful machine with enough RAM and SSD, except: The DGPU and IGPU so now a EGPU 😉

I have a very similar Setup als Himansh512 in this thread:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2011-15-6-dell-xps-15-l502x-gtx-1060-3gb-oc2gbps-mpcieexp-gdc-v8-4d-win-7-professional-64-bit/#post-2458

Dell XPS L502

Intel i7 2670QM Quad Core @ 2,2 GHZ (3,1 GHZ Turboboost)

10GB RAM

256 GB SAMSUNG PRO SD

1TB HDD

The EGPU i will use is the ZOTEC GTX 1060 AMP! Edition...

I want to get it to run on my internal and external Display!

I have a EXP GDC 8.0 and i connect trough Mini PCI-E...

Also i had a great idea! This is for shure interesting for all of you!

Iwill mount a HDMI female to female in my laptop later if i got it working, so i can connect the BEAST cable within the laptop

and another HDMI calbe from the female to female to the BEAST... I hope this will work and i can get this long

beast cable completely in my DELL.... would be awesome to connect the BEAST and my ZOTEC just lie any other device... Smile

Also the cable which came with the BEAST is very crappy... i don't want to bend to often so if i can mount this into my device

also the cable will not be bend and i can just use a slim HDMI cable....

EDIT: Tried different HDMI cables even an 0.2 meter long.... THE BEAST does noch work with any extension....

Next attempt is to cut the cable in half an mount an 4-10 pin (how many signal lines has this cable ?) plug so i can plug and unplugg without

a cable hangig out of my L502x....

The main thing i want to do with this Laptop is Video Editing and Wii U and Wii Emulation...

+ some new games some times.....

So i will follow the guide from Himansh512 and report back with pictures from the female to female portmod...

Greetings from Germany

2011 15" Dell XPS L502x (GT540M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
TheGermanGuy
(@thegermanguy)
Eminent Member

DONE!

This is how i did it:

More about the case and the solution for the cable management soon to come.

Also i will make video about a 8 Dollar device which is just as good as THE BEAST!

2011 15" Dell XPS L502x (GT540M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
girish_pawar
(@girish_pawar)

Hi GermanGuy,

I have dell xps l502x with following configuration:
1. Intel i7 2630QM Quad Core
2. 8GB RAM
3. Nvidia GT540M
4. 1TB HDD

The problem is that currently my laptop is Dual Boot (Ubuntu + Windows 10)
Does that change any of the procedures mentioned for e-gpu setup? 
I am exploring whether I should buy new laptop or try e-gpu setup. Any pointers will be helpful.

Dell XPS 15 L502X, 8GB RAM, GT 540m. Trying to get 1060 3GB on EXP GDC working

ReplyQuote