does not boot: 8460p elitebook + exp gdc beast v8 (mini pci-e)

Notifications
Clear all

does not boot: 8460p elitebook + exp gdc beast v8 (mini pci-e)  

of  2
  RSS

Gabriel Gavalier
(@gabriel_gavalier)

Hello i have same problem with my notebook but i am using 500w power supply when i turn on the notebook with exp gdc 8.5 connected it won’t boot up i have tried pwr switch on but it still won’t boot up then i tryied 7seconds ptd but still nothing and i wasted now 160$ for it and nothing works can u help me ?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
kaancl3344
(@kaancl3344)

same in here buddy mine does not boot either only blinking capslock light even with only ngff cable plugged(only black hdmi cable)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Vitor Hugo
(@vitor_hugo)

Same with me guys, I ve the 8.5c exp gdc with express card on a elitebook 8460p i72630QM, just tried the ptd delay and atx pwr on, same black screen. i also tried the hotswap, booting first the post of the bios than plugging the egpu but Windows don't recognize the adapter, the only thing I didn't try yet is to use the DIY eGPU 1.35.

EXP GDC 8.5c - HP Elitebook 8460p i7-2630QM Win10

ReplyQuote
Jarold
(@jarold)

@ta2rtist, I also have an Elitebook 8540w, exp gdc v8.5 expresscard, 600w psu and palit goforce gtx 1060 6gb.... When I start my laptop it only shows black screen and my wifi indicator is blinking orange/blue then it try to restart itself but same thing happens... But when I removed the expresscard or turn off the psu it boot to windows... 

Can anyone help me? Thanks... 🙂

ReplyQuote
Leon S. Kula
(@leon_s_kula)

@jarold, Same Problem by he Here too with a 8460p. IT only boots by hotplug after Postscreen. Box t cant use graphicscard then. Ist IT even possible to boot without hotplug?

ReplyQuote
Edward Dizon
(@edward_dizon)

@gary_ist_egolos, have you solved your problem? We have the same exact problem, I just try to use it now but to no success. Please post if you have found a solutions. I realy need your assistand if you solved the problem? thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
Edward Dizon
(@edward_dizon)

We have all the same issue, and gladly Iv solved it and im jumping upside down with joy! Here what I did, I unplug my GDP beast and the psu, and put my laptop into sleep mode. while onl sleep mode plug the GDP beast and plug the psu and press enter to your laptop. And Kaboom! the laptop will already recognize your gpu. But u need to do this everytime you want to use the external GPU. Try it, it works for me it might works n you too. Goodluck!

ReplyQuote
 of  2