Notifications
Clear all

eGPU and Lenovo G780  

RSS

Shevtcha
(@shevtcha)

Hello, 

I have boughtEXP GDC 8 from bangood and Gigabite GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB. I also own a laptop Lenovo g780 with freshly installed Win 8.1.

I removed WiFi component from inside of the laptop, replaced it with cable i received and connected all together. Then in BIOS i switched to UMA and disabled PXA BOOT. Everything is running, but if i try to install drivers for my external GPU ... it can't find it. I also can't see graphic card in DeviceManager. And I didnt try to connect external monitor to graphic card, because i dont have one. I only have TV.

So I am begging for help.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Pls work through https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/ including jumpering your PSU to be permanently on.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote