Notifications
Clear all

eGPU Asus N550JV  

RSS

Richamp
(@richamp)

Hello guys,

im new here, im searching a lot about eGPU, and i have an Asus N550JV whit a intel core i7 4700HQ processor, i wanna build an eGPU whit exp gdc beast v8.0, can you help me decide what is the best graphic card for this setup? Thanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Can use any video cards apart from GTX10xx cards:  https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/nvidia-is-killing-off-mpciengff-m2-egpus-error-43-with-372-90/

Just ensure you get a card with a TDP (power consumption) lower than your PSU's maximum output.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Richamp
(@richamp)

Ok, ty for the quick answer.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Richamp
(@richamp)

Hello again,

I got my setup ready and working, but whit an issue. Dunno why, my notebook dont recognize the eGPU graphics card, i go to device manger and i only have the intel HD graphics and my old intregated graphic card nvidia gt750M. How can i solve this problem? Ty

ReplyQuote
Boris Golod
(@boris_golod)

@richamp

Did you make it work?

What card did you use?

This post was modified 2 years ago

ReplyQuote
Nuno Viana
(@nuno_viana)

@richamp

I have the same computer, and my device manager is detecting and I was able to install the drivers but when I play some game the external is not being use.

ReplyQuote
felkaram
(@felkaram)

@nuno_viana, @Richamp,

You guys solved the problems with this laptop?

I've an Asus N550JV and intend to install an eGPU. 

I was thinking on 1050ti, but after reading the answer of @nando4, I understand it's better to get an older version.

But what about the other issues you guys commented?

You solved?

Hope you see this. 

Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote