Notifications
Clear all

eGPU setup with radeon hd6870  

RSS

kimzer
(@kimzer)

Very new to this so bear with me.
My integrated graphics is dying, so i forked up and bought one of theese eGPU risers.

But unfortunately my bios doesnt allow me to turn off the integrated graphics wich i have understood is neccesary to be able to run the external graphic card. 

Could anyone possibly help me out with making those settings available in a custom bios for me?
Or any other workaround would do aswell.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Flint Ironstag
(@flint-ironstag)
Estimable Member

- link your make & model of laptop
- link the eGPU device you have on hand
- link any other relevant stuff you have on hand

Some folks have had success getting manufacturers to customize a BIOS, but start with the basics.

MP 6,1 | 4c | d700
MP 6,1 | 6c | d500

ReplyQuote
kimzer
(@kimzer)

eGPU. Bought used, unsure of version  
Laptop model and make  
Have a Radeon HD 6870 that i have plugged into the egpu.
Windows detects it when i boot into windows and then turn on the psu for the egpu.
Windows wont boot if i turn it on pre boot/let the computer power it up when i press power button on laptop.

It complains about error 12 in device manager if i do power the egpu after booting into windows. 

Let me know if u need more info, not sure what else to include.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
kimzer
(@kimzer)

Anyone? Smile

ReplyQuote