Setup & Software Discussions
EGPU stopped working after working for three months, and isn't detected on devic...

EGPU stopped working after working for three months, and isn't detected on device manager. (T430)  

RSS

Class_a_chit
(@class_a_chit)

Hello,
I've been running an EGPU with GTX 950 on my thinkpad t430 for three months with minor problems, and few days ago it stopped working and not being detected by the device manager although the fans of the gpu are spinning , i've tried unplugging  and plug all the cables again, tried formating the windows, checked the power supply, i don't know what to do.                                                                                                                                                                                               I really need some help with this!!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

@class_a_chit
If it just stopped working without anything at the system it could be a hardware defect. My tip is to cross test the hardware, means, testing the GPU in another system and vice versa. So you can find out what's faulty.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote