EXP GDC NGFF key A/E partial success with weird bugs and problems Acer V5-591G-7...

Notifications
Clear all

EXP GDC NGFF key A/E partial success with weird bugs and problems Acer V5-591G-79GL  

of  3
  RSS

shogs
(@shogs)

laptop keybord is still dead (there is an error in device manager). laptop display is also dead (keeping "AUTO" in bios display settings)

i also have noticed charging signal is on even though laptop charger is not plug ( it is my habit to plug the charger while i'am using my acer laptop so i dont mind )

for ACER F5 572G laptop using exp gdc 8.4 NGFF version do the following: 1. get a good power supply as per required in the GPU specs (check the 12+ description in the tag 35A to 40A+ is a sign of a good power supply) 2. get an old GPU ( in my case asus gtx 1060 dual oc - GP106) 3. download and save to your laptop old drivers from 368 to 372 or higher version if necessary 4. dowload and save to your laptop DDU 5. Turn ON your laptop hit W+R type in msconfig boot to safe mode then restart 6. run DDU (NVDIA choose gpu then click on "clean and restart")  7. after restart go to the device manager "System Devices" and disable 9D10 (my internal gpu 940m) then shut down the laptop 8. Turn on again the laptop hit f2 before acer logo to enter bios then go to Advance - System Agent - Primary Display set to AUTO then shutdown your laptop 10. open your laptop cover remove the wifi module and insert the NGFF cable use some sticky tape to secure the cable then close the cover. 11. connect the beast adapter to the power supply (use 20pin from 24pin and 4pin from cpu) then connect to the dock - connect also the NGFF cable to the dock - insert your gpu to the dock (use 6pin or 8pin from the power supply) connect the hdmi cable to the gpu/tv/monitor (be sure that the dock is set to ATX -OFF and TD-OFF) 12. plugged and switched on the power supply then turn on your laptop (your tv/monitor should be working as well as your power supply fan / GPU fans) from the device manager your GPU should be detected as "microsoft basic display adapter" (these signs shows that all your components are working correctly with good power supply) 13. disconnect your wifi disable your anti virus and run nvidia driver version 372.51 which is compatible to asus gtx 1060 dual oc 3gb (choose custom uncheck geforce experience uncheck clean installation) then wait until installation is complete. 14. after installation is complete youll hear a sound notification even though nvidia did not ask for system restart (right click on to the monitor you should see "Nvidia Control Panel" on the pop up window and from the device manager Display Adapter - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB without error) 15. if all looks and feels good restart your laptop then adjsut nvidia physix settings to your liking 16. Enjoy your laptop PC games with DYI external gpu Smile

enabling gpu HDMI output by setting AUTO in bios setting display

Screenshot 20190325 172755 Gallery

switched to AUTO

Screenshot 20190325 172750 Gallery

my poor setup Smile

Screenshot 20190325 172737 Gallery

my new game Smile

Screenshot 20190325 172730 Gallery

my new game Smile

Screenshot 20190325 172733 Gallery

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
jaki_man
(@jaki_man)

Posted by: shogs

for ACER F5 572G laptop using exp gdc 8.4 NGFF version do the following: 1. get a good power supply as per required in the GPU specs (check the 12+ description in the tag 35A to 40A+ is a sign of a good power supply) 2. get an old GPU ( in my case asus gtx 1060 dual oc - GP106) 3. download and save to your laptop old drivers from 368 to 372 or higher version if necessary 4. dowload and save to your laptop DDU 5. Turn ON your laptop hit W+R type in msconfig boot to safe mode then restart 6. run DDU (NVDIA choose gpu then click on "clean and restart")  7. after restart go to the device manager "System Devices" and disable 9D10 (my internal gpu 940m) then shut down the laptop 8. Turn on again the laptop hit f2 before acer logo to enter bios then go to Advance - System Agent - Primary Display set to AUTO then shutdown your laptop 10. open your laptop cover remove the wifi module and insert the NGFF cable use some sticky tape to secure the cable then close the cover. 11. connect the beast adapter to the power supply (use 20pin from 24pin and 4pin from cpu) then connect to the dock - connect also the NGFF cable to the dock - insert your gpu to the dock (use 6pin or 8pin from the power supply) connect the hdmi cable to the gpu/tv/monitor (be sure that the dock is set to ATX -OFF and TD-OFF) 12. plugged and switched on the power supply then turn on your laptop (your tv/monitor should be working as well as your power supply fan / GPU fans) from the device manager your GPU should be detected as "microsoft basic display adapter" (these signs shows that all your components are working correctly with good power supply) 13. disconnect your wifi disable your anti virus and run nvidia driver version 372.51 which is compatible to asus gtx 1060 dual oc 3gb (choose custom uncheck geforce experience uncheck clean installation) then wait until installation is complete. 14. after installation is complete youll hear a sound notification even though nvidia did not ask for system restart (right click on to the monitor you should see "Nvidia Control Panel" on the pop up window and from the device manager Display Adapter - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB without error) 15. if all looks and feels good restart your laptop then adjsut nvidia physix settings to your liking 16. Enjoy your laptop PC games with DYI external gpu Smile

I will try this, although i don't see the reason behind switching to "auto" in BIOS, or to be honest, i don't even know what this option does. Also i am testing with GTX 960 Windforce 2X,  and we have similar laptops, they are not 100% same. + as far as i know this generation of GPUs had much less bugs...
But nontheless, i need to repair my monitor first, so ill contact you with results afterwards with NGFF. I also ordered a m.2 M key to PCIe x4 (the thing uy above suggested) so we will see how it goes with that as well. *the second try incoming

Also one more thing, I am planning to cut the bottom of the laptop, to access the m.2 ports without opening the whole thing, but I am trying to think of a way to hold together cutted parts with the laptop case without taping it 😛 . I have a 3D printer laying around here, so maybe we can make a nice and compact solution for everyone with this, or similar laptop.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
shogs
(@shogs)

valley benckmark results (btw im using samsung tv series 5 as monitor)

Screenshot 20190326 111715 Gallery

valley benchmark 2

20190326 111801

gpu z results (as a reminder check the core id/code of your gpu if its GP106 then youre in good shape)

Screenshot 20190326 111721 Gallery

NGFF cable that i used

Screenshot 20190326 112616 Gallery

ReplyQuote
Fernando Villaluz Jr
(@fernando_villaluz_jr)

@jaki_man

no that is not the price before i bought it...the seller changed it for sure, i bought mine for like 5usd. just find the same item as that..

ReplyQuote
joshua niccolucci
(@joshua_niccolucci)

@shogs, hello I'm having some issue with my grafic card everything  seems work fine but in the device manager I can't find the grafic card,  Do you have any suggestions to resolve this issue? 

ReplyQuote
 of  3