Expresscard or mPCIe - Dell latitude e6420

Notifications
Clear all

Expresscard or mPCIe - Dell latitude e6420  

RSS

mstapha999
(@mstapha999)

Hello Everyone,

its my first thread here in this forum, and i need your help for the right choice. i'm about to setup my eGPU project, i have Dell Latitude e6420 and these are my pc specs Core i5-2540M & 4GB in Ram (i'll upgrade it to 8GB) this laptop comes with 2 wifi minipcie ports and one ExpressCard/54 ( 1.0 ) port. and one intergrated Intel hd graphics 3000.

That's what I've bought so far :

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Aero ITX 4GB
Power Supply : HP ps-6361-4hf - 365Watt . and it comes with ( 1-24-Pin ATX, 4-SATA, 3-Molex, 1-4 Pin ATX +12V Power, 1- Floppy Drive Connector )

And now i'm confused with the Exp Gdc Beast adapter, which one should i go for, mPCIe or Expression version ? which one of them gives the best performance and speed for the GPU ? bytheway i know that i won't get the same performance as a Desktop Gpu but anyway i need to choose best option between these two options.

Thanks in advance.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Expresscard is more convenient, but using an EXP GDC has had reports of glitchy Gen2 performance plus poor EMI insulation. Seemingly unaffected by these issues and at a considerably less expensive pricepoint is the US$7 mPCIe eGPU adapter. Perhaps worth a try?

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/#mPCIe-interface

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mstapha999
(@mstapha999)

Posted by: nando4

Expresscard is more convenient, but using an EXP GDC has had reports of glitchy Gen2 performance plus poor EMI insulation. Seemingly unaffected by these issues and at a considerably less expensive pricepoint is the US$7 mPCIe eGPU adapter. Perhaps worth a try?

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/#mPCIe-interface

Hi Nando4!

Thanks for your answer i really appreciate your help. please i need to talk with you more about that, can i get your Skype or something else ?

Thanks you.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote