fujitsu Lifebook P702 with eGPU GTX 560Ti PCI-E X16 V8.0 EXP GDC Dock iGPU HD400...

Notifications
Clear all

fujitsu Lifebook P702 with eGPU GTX 560Ti PCI-E X16 V8.0 EXP GDC Dock iGPU HD4000  

RSS

(@jan_hofmann)

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this topic so hopefully my explanation is detailed enough.

I use a fujitsu Lifebook P702 with an integrated HD4000. The external GPU is a GTX 560Ti. So the issue is that my integrated GPU gets disabled (Gets thrown out of the device manager) as soon as I start or enable the egpu. I can't activate the hd 4000 and the device manager can't find it anymore.

What I tried:
- Plug in the power and also the connection cable between egpu and laptop after startup. Then the internal display freezes and gets blue - no bluescreen. 
- I tried to install the driver for the HD4000 manual then I get a error 31 in the device manager.

The setup with an externel monitor and the egpu working fine.

I checked the topics in this forum now for more then 3 days and I found nothing similar to my issue, maybe the software

DIY  eGPU Setup 1.35

could help me at this point but I'm not shure and I want to clarify this point before I start a hopeless try to get my system working.

Thanks in advance!
Jan

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

You can apply the black bootup screen fixes at the following URL to hide the eGPU from the BIOS so it boots normally with the iGPU active:

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@jan_hofmann)

thank you for the fast response, I will try this hopefully tomorrow. Then I will post my results here!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@jan_hofmann)

So today I tested....

3. A black bootup screen or ACPI_BIOS_ERROR windows bootup BSOD

Here the BIOS doesn't know what to do or mangles the ACPI when it sees an eGPU. The latter preventing Windows from loading successfully. So the solution is to not let the BIOS see the eGPU. A couple of ways of doing that as below. The PSU must be set to be permanently on as described above for this to work.

1. Set the delays on the eGPU adapter (PTD - EXP GDCor CLKRUN/PERST# on PE4L/PE4C). Boot into Windows or nando's eGPU Setup 1.35 . Is the eGPU detected? Note: if this bypassed the black bootup screen then you'll probably find a reboot will again black screen the system. This delay works when doing a cold boot from the system being powered off.

2. Start the system without the eGPU adapter interconnect HDMI cable disconnected(eg: between eGPU adapter and EC/mPCIe/M2 end).

- halt Windows bootup with F12/F8 attach your interconnect cable. Is the eGPU detected in Windows device manager?
- or boot into nando's eGPU Setup 1.35 , attach your interconnect cable, hit F5 to scan for the eGPU. Is the eGPU detected?

3. With no eGPU attached:

- halt Windows bootup with F12/F8 hotplug your eGPU adapter interface. Is the eGPU detected in Windows device manager?
- or boot into  nando's eGPU Setup 1.35  , hotplug your eGPU adapter interface, hit F5 to scan for the eGPU. Is the eGPU detected? If the eGPU isn't detected, bootup with wifi connected into  nando's eGPU Setup 1.35 , hotplug your eGPU interface, hit F5 to scan for the eGPU.

1. Set the delay but as soon as I plug in the connection cable between eGPU and laptop the iGPU is "disabled" and there is nothing on the internal display.

2. and 3. In general the same issue, the iGPU and the internal display boots up normally but as soon as I plug in the connection cable the internal display gets white (during bootup) if I plug in the cable if Windows is already up then the internal monitor gets blue.
At this point, a new connected display to the eGPU gives no output on the eGPU. After a hard reboot, the computer starts normally with the external monitor. iGPU is gone and the NVIDIA Systemcontrol symbol in the context menu is shown.

This post was modified 1 year ago

ReplyQuote