HP Elitebook 840 + m2 r43 unknown device

Notifications
Clear all

HP Elitebook 840 + m2 r43 unknown device  

RSS

mrfynn
(@mrfynn)

Hello, i recently got my external gpu adapter, today i tried to plug my GTX 660 in and check it out but i just run into problem with that error in device manager. Basically i connected the adapter to one of my M2 slots, and booted it up (obviously with PSU turned on and all of GPU cables connected) When system loaded, i simply went to Device Manager and i noticed "Unknown Device" there. So my question is what can i do about it? Well i have been looking for any similar topics and i have read about detection problem but im not sure if it is the same problem i am facing, or at least i just dont understand due to im kinda new in eGPU. Greetings

https://imgur.com/a/krDyRcM

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Proceed to load Nvidia drivers so, if it is the GTX660 and was detected correctly, will show up as a GTX660. Can use hwinfo64 to peruse your PCIe ports to see what's been detected there.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mrfynn
(@mrfynn)

Sorry, my mistake. It turns out that it wasnt eGPU. I couldnt install drivers, and also i tried to replace the gpu for AMD and then i just noticed that unknown device was not an eGPU unfortunatelly. So its not detected i think. Can you help me out anyway? Where should i start? I Got 3 ports showed in hwinfo, one with current wifi card inside, and probably 1 SSD, and one WWAN, but im not sure which one is specific one.  I can see one has tick next to slot implemented, and hot plug, and hot plug surprise. I think thats my SSD drive, but last one got X next to implemented so i think card isnt even recognized as connected. Any ideas?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Ensure your Elitebook M.2 slot is PCIe, rather than SATA. Though some manufacturers' have a M.2 slot that can accept either.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mrfynn
(@mrfynn)

As i said i checked in hwinfo and there are 3 PCIe listed there, so i im sure one is for WiFi card, bcuz its there, and there are two more. I know that i have 3 of them physically and 3 showed in program so im not sure but it looks like all of them are PCIe ports. I couldnt find any information, or at least some kind of information i can trust. Ones said about WWAN card for slot PCIe M.2 in HP elitebook other said only M.2. Im confused.. Also tried starting on HDD with eGPU connected to M.2 port where my SSD is connected now but nothing changed. Looks like 2 of M.2 ports are against me 🙁

Edit. Just noticed error 43 on my 2nd HP elitebook. At least we got something now

Edit 2 probably it just burned (also my WWAN port got hurt and stinks a little bcuz of little melted plastic) 
https://imgur.com/a/JoURjsX

ReplyQuote