Setup & Software Discussions
HP ProBook 6470b + EXP GDC 8.4d ExpressCard + GTX 1050 Ti + Windows 7 x64 help

HP ProBook 6470b + EXP GDC 8.4d ExpressCard + GTX 1050 Ti + Windows 7 x64 help  

RSS

seyleonhart
(@seyleonhart)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for some help. I'm currently having the problem with my setup aforementioned in the title. Just to make things clear, I'll reiterate my setup here:

- HP ProBook 6470b
- Windows 7 x64
- 4GB RAM
- EXP GDC 8.4 EC
- Palit GTX 1050 Ti (Documented max TDP 75W)
- eGPU Setup 1.35 for DSDT override
- DVI to VGA Adapter for output to External Monitor
- Two PSUs: One old with 230W max power and one new with 450W max power, both PowerLogic.

My problem is that I cannot get out of  the error 43, no matter what I use. I used multiple driver versions, edited the INFs, desktop-notebook alike, and I can't get it to function properly. However, if I disabled the Intel HD GPU, the GTX 1050 Ti will be reported as working properly (but still no output to external monitor whatsoever), but the HD Audio for this GPU will be reported as error 10. I've also read somewhere that someone swaps the PSU to overcome a different problem, so I tried to attach another PSU hoping that it might fix my problem, to no avail. Same errors persist.

One thing to note also that the HD audio for this GPU will be reported as working properly if the GPU is having error 12 (when I'm not using DSDT override from the setup).

I'll attach some files and add some details later if needed; Thank you very much for your assistance!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Just a word about Windows 7. You cannot disable the iGPU as doing so will prevent the eGPU from working.  This has been fixed in Windows 10.

As error 43 can be due to software OR hardware problems, you may consider updating to Windows 10 to at least get a newer and proven platform that works with a GTX1050Ti EC eGPU. This link may be of interest in achieving such OS upgrade:

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10

ReplyQuote
(@gennadiy_bazhev)

Hello. tell me please, did you solve the problem with external gpu on the hp probook? I want to make the same combination ..

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote