Setup & Software Discussions
Hp620 egpu gtx 650 igpu intel4500m error 43 on x64 O.S

Hp620 egpu gtx 650 igpu intel4500m error 43 on x64 O.S  

RSS

dan
 dan
(@dan)

have a problem with an hp620 ,4gb ram(one stick) t4500,egpu gtx 650,igpu 4500m and pe4h v2.4.

Not matter what,when i insatll x64 versions of windows get error 43 against egpu.

The very strange thing is that on x64 bits versions (7and 10) windows create a hybrid  power plan between the egpu and igpu in power management options.

On x32 bits versions that is not happening and with dsdt override and correct compactaction with setup.x1 everything works great,even internal screen on windows 10 is running with correct drivers wich are very old.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

NVidia Optimus stops on HD4500M machines after 306.97WHQL. So yeah, old driver.

Strange about the SLI hybrid plan. It would suggest that your BIOS may have some code to enable SLI. Try hiding the eGPU from BIOS boot by using onboard delay jumpers or hotplugging after boot. Maybe that code will then not engage?

To tackle the error 43, check if GPU-Z is reporting clock info. If not, jumper your PSU to be permanently on (paperclip trick for ATX PSU) so when the eGPU starts, power is already established.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10

ReplyQuote
dan
 dan
(@dan)

ok.I ll try all that and reply.

thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
dan
 dan
(@dan)

still can't revise my setup,as soon as i can do it will post the result.

ReplyQuote
dan
 dan
(@dan)

Well,is this the first time when i give up with an egpu setup.

No matter i try it cannot work with x64 systems,give error 43 against egpu.What keeps me intrigate is why happend only with 64 bits versions of windows.

Start thinking that the BIOS hs something to do with this.

Anyway,i almost call it a Retro Egpu Setup due to the obsolence of it,but still can improve the functionality of this old laptop.

Solution to use this setup:install 32 bits versions of windows,works without an issue.

Capture
Capture2
Capture3

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@Dan, the only major issue in running 32-bit Windows is you won't be able to use all 4GB of your RAM. Instead it might be 3GB or 3.25GB. That's because there is reserved PCIe config space that fills the remaining area up to 4GB addressable space in a 32-bit OS.Another user noted a error 43 against NVidia drivers in a 64-bit OS that do not occur in 32-bit.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10

ReplyQuote
dan
 dan
(@dan)

well,never like the idea to use x36 with 4gb ram.

in fact,never like to use 32 bits versions.When i find another module of 4gb ram,will try dual-channel or maybe upgrade processor.

Think that somewhere in the configuration of this laptop is a weird bit that prevent to use egpu along with x64 O.S.

Tnank you.

ReplyQuote
dan
 dan
(@dan)

talking about an hybrid  profile between igpu and egpu wich is so weird to me.

It only appear in the following circumstances ONLY:

1.64 bits O.S

2.Using dsdt bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON (it trigger that option no matter if i am using setup x1 or load directly the aml file)

Guess is no relevant to the fact that my egpu is not working with x64 drivers but is still weird.

maybe is another way of seeing multi-gpu performance inside windows 10 of wich i have serious doubts.

Capture 788

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote