Setup & Software Discussions
Ingame constant stuttering (ADT-Link M.2 3.0 x4; Mi Notebook Pro; 1060-6G)

[Solved] Ingame constant stuttering (ADT-Link M.2 3.0 x4; Mi Notebook Pro; 1060-6G)  

RSS

defvs
(@defvs)

FIXED : Just disable dGPU in Device Manager...

Hello,
I just made my first eGPU setup, which is on the mi notebook pro. I've made a post about it here already.
One more issue I encounter is micro-stuttering which appears on a really timed basis. Every 1.5s EXACTLY games (or benchmarks) drop a couple frames, which results in this "micro-stutter". This is really on a strict timing and is really infuriating. I can run every game at high framerate and high settings, getting >60fps, but theses framedrops are aweful.

The laptop has an i5-8250U, unlocked. It is powerful enough not to throttle. Only using about 65% use ingame.
My M.2 adapter is connected through M.2, running at Gen 3, x4 lanes. It is a short R43 from ADT-Link.
I don't get any major issues with WHEA-Logger in Windows. The only issue is this stuttering.
I tried going down to Gen 2 and Gen 1.1, but no difference at all.

The card is a GTX 1060 6G, ASUS Strix to be exact. The PSU is powerful enough and far enough from both the adapter and the laptop.

Any idea where it could be from ?

Laptop : Mi Notebook Pro, i5-8250u undervolted + TDP unlocked, 8G RAM 256G nvme, MX150-2...
eGPU : Asus STRIX 1060-6G running over ADT R43SL (15cm) M.2 with Gen3 x4

Greetings from France !

ReplyQuote
defvs
(@defvs)

Dumb answer. Made some researches.
Found this thread on the egpu subreddit
Suggested to disable dGPU, mine is MX150.

Disabling it fixed everything magically. If you're having theses kinds of issues, try that.

Laptop : Mi Notebook Pro, i5-8250u undervolted + TDP unlocked, 8G RAM 256G nvme, MX150-2...
eGPU : Asus STRIX 1060-6G running over ADT R43SL (15cm) M.2 with Gen3 x4

Greetings from France !

ReplyQuote
heyepic
(@heyepic)

Just signed up to say THANK YOU. I'm not sure how I overlooked this but I did. I was going nuts as I just setup my eGPU and was getting microstutters galore in games. This fixed it!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Zammo76
(@zammo76)

Posted by: defvs

Dumb answer. Made some researches.
Found this thread on the egpu subreddit
Suggested to disable dGPU, mine is MX150.

Disabling it fixed everything magically. If you're having theses kinds of issues, try that.

I'm looking to get a 1060 6GB, glad to hear you got it working!

Did you have the Graphics Card plugged into a Beast E GPU adapter, or something else?

Also excuse the ignorance but whats a Gen 3 x 4?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote