Notifications
Clear all

Lenovo E530 + EXP GDC BEAST + GTX 950  

of  2
  RSS

Voltron
(@voltron)

Hi,

I am so confused. I connected everything using WiFi port (mcpie I guesses). Setup bios and run. When i used 8 GB RAM I had black screen so I used 2 GB RAM. Windows 10 started, I installed the newest driver form nVidia website. Everything run well no errors but I can't use more than 2 GB RAM. So I did dsdt override.  I had a lot of warrnings but nvm I guesses. I used this instruction:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/paged/1/

I tried use second method Microsoft. I did everything set by step. I had 3 errors one by one I corrected it and compile the file. Modified it  to be smaller than dsdt.dat.

Now In step 2 I used option 2. Everything wnet good with no error but there was not large memmory in system. So I used method 1 and now I have large memmory and runing Windows 10 in test mode. There is no error GTX 950 is runing but I still can't use more than 2 GB RAM.

When I use 8 or 4 GB RAM with eGPU connect I got black screen before BIOS. When i disconect eGPU and run 4 or 8 GB RAM I got windows error ACPI. I tried run with 2GB RAM sleep and add 4 GB more but system do not see it. When I restart Windows with 6 GB after sleep system run but see only 2 GB RAM.

I replaced standard i5 for i7 but the same was with i5 std proc...

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Proc
LargeMemmory
GTX950 Memmory
GTX950 Status

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: Voltron

When I use 8 or 4 GB RAM with eGPU connect I got black screen before BIOS. When i disconect eGPU and run 4 or 8 GB RAM I got windows error ACPI. I tried run with 2GB RAM sleep and add 4 GB more but system do not see it. When I restart Windows with 6 GB after sleep system run but see only 2 GB RAM.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Pls work through https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems including jumpering your PSU to be permanently on and using delay switches to hide your eGPU from the BIOS during bootup.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Voltron
(@voltron)

I will check it tonight and reply. Thx for tips.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Voltron
(@voltron)

Ok, I chcecked it. It does not resolve my problem. I switched in my EXP GDC 8.4d two switches ATX PW -> ON and PTD ->155.

I also tried PTD -> 55 and the same. I got black screen before BIOS. I tried disconnect eGPU, run laptop, halt system start, connect eGPU but I got ACPI BIOS error.

I attached screen of my PSU.

PSU

ReplyQuote
wimpzilla
(@wimpzilla)
Honorable Member

Can you give us the specs of your laptop? Your PSU is not the issue there.

Have you checked your bios, to disable some options like the boot on lan, put the IGD/PCI like 1st adapter in your display tab. Have you a basic or advanced bios?

1/Boot with you wifi card on on the mini pci-e, atl F12.

2/ Start your GDC stay power on fan should spin low, unplug your wifi card and plug your mini pci-e on the same slot. Or if you have another free mini pci-e just plug the eGPU along the wifi card on the other slot. The fans should stop a few sec and come back running slowly.

3/ Load window.

4/ There is another jumper on the exp GDC, called slim line, dunno what it really do, if it help with the recognition, you can give it a try but you have to unmount the v8.4d.

Do not mess hotplugging the ram, you can kill it, even worst kill the slot/laptop. You will not solve the issue like that. Try to disable all the hardware you can in the bios and then in widows and then replug your eGPU like i wrote before, with the DSDT on/off, upgrading the amount of ram each time.

This could solve at least some allocation conflict maybe causing the issue. The amount of ram issue is caused by your TOLUD bios setting, that is too high to allocate the eGPU into the ram when you reach the maximum capacity of ram. You have a MBR or UEFI boot?

2012 13-inch Dell Latitude E6320 + R9 [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10
E=Mc²

2012 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T530 [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 270X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Ok, I chcecked it. It does not resolve my problem. I switched in my EXP GDC 8.4d two switches ATX PW -> ON and PTD ->155.

I also tried PTD -> 55 and the same. I got black screen before BIOS. I tried disconnect eGPU, run laptop, halt system start, connect eGPU but I got ACPI BIOS error.

Ensure you do not have any DSDT override in place initially until system boots up as it can cause the ACPI BIOS error, particularly on Lenovo systems.  Can switch it off with

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Voltron
(@voltron)

Spec of my laptop:

i7-3520M

8GB RAM

256 GB SSD

GTX 950 Strix

EXP GDC BEAST v8.4d

BIOS: H0ET98WW

Unfortunetly my BIOS is basic I think. I setup disabled boot to LAN, disabled dGPU, and disabled quickboot, and some stuff like camera, fingerprint etc...

I set:

bcdedit - set TESTSIGNING OFF

I Restarted windows. Large memmory disapeared. Turned off my laptop. Inserted 8 GB RAM and start system. With pluged eGPU blackscreen. Unpluged eGPU, started laptop again, stop after bios, pluged eGPU, started booting, Windows started. System see 8GB RAM but do not detect eGPU. I tried spleep windows connect eGPU and the same not detected. 

Finaly i read issue with detecting eGPU. So I turned off laptop unpluged eGPU, plug WiFi card. Start system go to setup1.3 unpluged WiFi, plug eGPU and rescan. It says me nothing detected, so unpluged eGPU turn off PSU, than turn on PSU and plug eGPU and BOOM it detected my eGPU. I add pci to startup.bat and test run Windows 10. RAM is 8 GB, but in PCIE ROOT 2 is error 12 can't locate memmory to it.

So I have to modify my bios with whitelist WiFi card and next step is resolve error 12.  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Finaly i read issue with detecting eGPU. So I turned off laptop unpluged eGPU, plug WiFi card. Start system go to setup1.3 unpluged WiFi, plug eGPU and rescan. It says me nothing detected, so unpluged eGPU turn off PSU, than turn on PSU and plug eGPU and BOOM it detected my eGPU. I add pci to startup.bat and test run Windows 10. RAM is 8 GB, but in PCIE ROOT 2 is error 12 can't locate memmory to it.

So I have to modify my bios with whitelist WiFi card and next step is resolve error 12.  

voltron, pls acquire the supported Setup 1.35https://egpu.io/egpu-setup-13x/

I provide email support for that software inc using it to solve error 12.

ReplyQuote
Voltron
(@voltron)

I wonder is it possible remove whitelist from my BIOS. I read that my Bios can be locked. Other side is whitelist really my problem? When I run system with 2 GB there is no problem with detect my eGPU.

So my question is if I will buy new supported version of setup 1.X will you able to configure this model with 8GB RAM and automatic start system?

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

I wonder is it possible remove whitelist from my BIOS. I read that my Bios can be locked. Other side is whitelist really my problem? When I run system with 2 GB there is no problem with detect my eGPU.

So my question is if I will buy new supported version of setup 1.X will you able to configure this model with 8GB RAM and automatic start system?

Extensive automatic startup customisations can be made (startup.bat) that tie in the system and eGPU adapter activities.

ReplyQuote
 of  2