Share:

Lenovo + gtx 960 black screen  

RSS

Trung
(@trung)
December 15, 2018 10:41 am  

(sorry my english not verywell)
my laptop is Lenovo G480 use my miniPCIe to connect with egpu use zotac gtx 960. but when i boot, egpu working but my laptop screen turn black (i still hear windown sound but screen still black). Then i try to start my laptop first turn to sleep mode then plug HDMI to epgu my screen turn like thisTrong hình ảnh có thể có: màn hình và máy tính xách tay
i try to disable vga HD4000 onboard but not thing happend
someone help me please

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

timginter
(@timginter)
January 7, 2019 11:41 pm  

I had a similar issue on X230, maybe it will help.

Any cable connected to the card (HDMI/DP) would hang the BIOS on boot. I had to turn the laptop off, plug the card (ExpressCard adapter), disconnect all display cables from the card and boot the laptop again. Laptop would boot, make a loud clicking sound and turn itself off, then boot again with the card ok.
I had to do it every time I restarted the laptop without the card - if I ejected the card in Windows and rebooted without the card, the laptop would make the clicking sound again and reboot without the card, hot-plugging would throw Error 12 in Device Manager.

Lenovo x230 + Win8.1 + EC PE4C V3.0 + GTX 950 2GB STRIX OC
Lenovo x230 + Win8.1 + EC PE4C V3.0 + GTX 1060 6GB STRIX
Clevo N141ZU + Win10 + M.2 ADT R3G + GTX 1060 6GB STRIX

ReplyQuote
(@john_lloyd_costanilla)
January 8, 2019 4:16 am  

Did you use setup 1.35? @trung

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Trung
(@trung)
January 8, 2019 11:20 am  

No, i did't

ReplyQuote