Lenovo Z570 + GTX1050 loading problem

Notifications
Clear all

Lenovo Z570 + GTX1050 loading problem  

of  2
  RSS

KapMajid
(@kapmajid)

Hello, I'm new to this place, and looks like you all using e-gpu and stuff like that, so I got exp gdc beast v8 last year, tried an old GPU on it and it worked perfectly fine except I had low frames cause of the old GPU, so this year my friend (Canada) sent me (Morocco, Africa) a brand new EVGA GTX1050, I wanted to use it but it shows error 43 when using the lastest driver, so I used DDU and installed driver 375.63 cause I checked this poste ( https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/i-got-gtx-1050-ti-to-work-with-372-70-sort-of/) and one person said that it runs perfectly fine with him using that driver, so i tried it and looks like When Windows 10 loads the desktop I just get a black screen with a frozen bit of the spinning circles. The only thing I can see is the mouse cursor, which I can move.I thought it's the password bug thingy if you guys heard of it, I removed the password from my computer and I still get the same problem, I also tried driver 372.70 before and got the same problem, when I use the latest driver, I get error 43, can someone please help me? what's the best driver out there to make it run? how can I pass that issue? I don't want to send back the GPU cause that's a lot of work and it's a waste of money and I don't want to sell until I really try every possible solution, so please help me. Thanks in advance.

PC Specs: Lenovo Ideapad Z570
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Core I5 2450M @ 2.50GHz
8,00 Go DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Using EXP GDC BEAST v8 with a mPCIe port.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wimpzilla
(@wimpzilla)
Honorable Member

Do you had read this?

expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/nvidia-is-killing-off-mpciengff-m2-egpus-error-43-with-372-90

The only thing that came to my mind and it is what i have done with my AMD card to get it recognized (but had error12) was to alt windows loading with F12, then hotplus the mini pci-e on a port that had the wifi card when the laptop booted. Dunno if this could help with the hotplug bug.

Otherwise you need to mod your bios or find a modded one, easy to say hard to do, to enable the hotplug option on the pci-e on boot.

Last one could be to use a express card if your laptop support it, instead the mini pci-e.

2012 13-inch Dell Latitude E6320 + R9 [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10
E=Mc²

2012 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T530 [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 270X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
KapMajid
(@kapmajid)

Hello, Yes I did check that post a couple mins ago, and I want to ask you, if I install driver 372.70 or older, will it work? if not please show me what to do? I don't know how to mod bios, + My pc doesn't have Express card slot.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
KapMajid
(@kapmajid)

I've tried Installing Nvidia driver 372.70 and It doesn't detect my GPU, tried 372.54, same problem as well, anything to fix this problem?

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

May I suggest either:

1.  a modified Z570 bios that allows the mPCIe port to be set to hotplug enabled

2. downgrade to a GTX9xx card which has had no reported error 43 issues when hosted off a mPCIe port

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
KapMajid
(@kapmajid)

How can I get a modified bios for my laptop?
If there is non then what's the best card that is equivalent to GTX1050 SC and that doesn't need a PSU?

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

I would like to know how to get a modded bios too. All I can find is this: http://voltground.com/haven/threads/102/ . I am not sure if that will work. I have an Asus U57A laptop.

Thanks!

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: Ajayajayaj

I would like to know how to get a modded bios too. All I can find is this: http://voltground.com/haven/threads/102/ . I am not sure if that will work. I have an Asus U57A laptop.

It may not, nor may ever exist. Try solution #2:

Posted by: nando4

May I suggest either:

1.  a modified Z570 bios that allows the mPCIe port to be set to hotplug enabled

2. downgrade to a GTX9xx card which has had no reported error 43 issues when hosted off a mPCIe port

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Aw, my experience gdc beast took so long to get here that I am passed my return time on my graphics card now. 

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
wimpzilla
(@wimpzilla)
Honorable Member

Well the issue with bios editing is bricking your laptop, quite easily! The guide you posted is not suited i think for your system since you have a sandy bridge cpu, not Ivy bridge.

But you can give it a try to dump you bios, read it with the Ivy bridge tool if it is a aptio bios. At lest to check your laptop bios configuration.

2012 13-inch Dell Latitude E6320 + R9 [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10
E=Mc²

2012 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T530 [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 270X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2