Low Profile GT 1030 GPU not working with EXP GDC

Notifications
Clear all

Low Profile GT 1030 GPU not working with EXP GDC  

RSS

(@ralph_graham)

Hi, I am having trouble with getting my EXP GDC eGPU setup to work. I am using a GT 1030 low profile card with a Dell Inspiron 3263 All-in-One computer with Intel HD Graphics 520. I am also using a 300W ATX power supply. At first, the EXP GDC couldn’t turn on by itself so I had to jumper the power supply in order to get the green light to appear in the EXP GDC. I have disabled the integrated NIC in the BiOS. When I start up my computer, the power supply and the adapter both turn on, but the GPU isn’t working. I am not feeling any heat from the GT 1030. Is  this a BiOS problem or is my GPU faulty? Please respond! I included links to a picture of my setup and my Device Manager window. I am using Windows 10.

https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1elPm07L45ww6duMwP_IHEg2XQTRQS2HO/view?usp=drive_web

https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1p9aycBX2UOzobsZQbZwKDGtI7Ps_g14O/view?usp=drive_web&authuser=1

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@sarthak_saswat_das)

Bro i dont know how to solve this problem. But i would like to hear a update of this case. Is the gpu working now?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
3RYL
 3RYL
(@3ryl)
Eminent Member

Which version is the EXP GDC?

I tried a couple 8.5Cs recently but couldn't get them to be detected. My old Beast version worked without problems aside gen2 interference though.

Don't know what's happening with the new ones.

Chimera ~ 2011 15" Dell Vostro 3550 HD6630M + [email protected] (PE4C 3.0) +Win7
My adapter models for eGPU case projects

ReplyQuote
(@ralph_graham)

@3RYL it was version 8.4

ReplyQuote
(@ralph_graham)

@Sarthak_Saswat_Das I eventually brought my All-in-One PC and the EXP GDC Beast to a computer store, and the employees said that the NGFF WiFi card slot in my computer doesn’t have the NVME interface to operate the eGPU properly. I decided to sell the EXP GDC Beast on eBay and build a gaming PC instead (I have it now), which is using my existing 2.5” hard drive that was in my All-in-One. If portability really matters to you, just sell the old laptop and buy a laptop you can find with a thunderbolt/usb-c port and buy an eGPU dock that connects to that port. Thunderbolt/USB-C is a lot more reliable than NGFF/mPCIE when it comes to eGPUs, despite the slightly higher price point.

ReplyQuote
(@sarthak_saswat_das)

I had also bought a exp gdc adapter at that time but couldn't get it to work with a gt 710 of one of my friend. So i sold the Adapter. And now i m building a Gaming pc. Have bought the following parts till now
G4560
B250m D2V
2*4gb ddr4 2400mhz
Seagate 1tb 7.2k rpm.
Soon I will be getting a gtx 1050 and a cabinet, Currently running this system with an old cabinet.

ReplyQuote