Processor: i5 6200U CPU @2.3GHz

Ram: 8gb integrated

type: 64-bit os

windows 10 pro

Hardwares:

eGPU: Sapphire RX570 4gb

dock: v8.0 EXP GDC with M.2 NGFF adapter

PROBLEM: Stuck at window booting screen

Dear all, Im new to eGPU setup but i have been stuck at my problem cant just cant get it to work.

I have tried quite a number of suggestions found on youtubes videos, as well as this forum, especially the suggestions on this discussion thread below:

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/?fbclid=IwAR1caQD56Dxoe2HXUgIgNylXj6gf7NZ2HD_2E3aN1_SP3p1uZhEtO_rpNUo

I bought the DIY eGPU 1.35 from Nando the champion and even got him to help me for countless hours to troubleshoot, but we cant precisely pinpoint the problem. Im hoping to try my luck one more time here on this forum before I’m giving up and getting rid of the eGPU.

Attempts as suggested by nando:

• Created USB win boot (MBR) to run DIY eGPU 1.35
  • Tried downgrading GEN 2 speed to GEN 1.
  • Set delays on the EXP GDC / atc power permanently ON
  • Halt the window bootup and connect the egpu to my laptop, does not show up on device manager, however got detected in diy 1.35.
  • Boot into window with the wifi card, disabled the pcie port on the device manager, reboot with the egpu connected, and when enabling the port, system freezes.
  • Now the funny thing is I managed to tried the setup with a NVIDIA GT 730, and it works fine on my laptop! And I tried my RX 570 on 2 other desktops PC and the card is working fine.
  • No chance to install driver since i cant boot into window, and even with hotplugging, the system cant detect the device changes.

I am not too IT savvy and i am certainly running out of ideas. Any tips and advices will be much appreciated. THANKS HEAPS! 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote