Notifications
Clear all

[GUIDE] error 12/43 & other detection, bootup, stability & performance issues  

of  78
  RSS

Jousboxx
(@jousboxx)

Have you tried using it in BIOS/Legacy mode? That worked for me

2014 15" HP Envy X360 [4th,2C,U] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
scstubbs
(@scstubbs)

I have the same machine. Any updates on your end? I got it to show up in additional drivers ONCE, and then ran into the same problems (not booting, freezing internal mouse/keyboard/Ethernet when plugged in).

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
scstubbs
(@scstubbs)

I did as you said, and it still does not work. Thank you though

This post was modified 2 years ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Jousboxx
(@jousboxx)

Perhaps you would find my video helpful:

2014 15" HP Envy X360 [4th,2C,U] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Bryan Cabrera
(@bryan_cabrera)

• i need help .blank display rebooting..after trying multiple times ,the graphic card died..

ReplyQuote
new teste
(@new_teste)

I have a exp gdc beast and a gtx 960, but it does not work on my laptop, the bios is modified, with advanced and white list removed, but when I connect the egpu does not boot the system only gets the black screen, the lenovo logo does not appear, I can only enter the bios if I remove the egpu cable

Anyone can use this laptop if they tell me, please

sorry for english I'm using google translate

ReplyQuote
maximiano14
(@maximiano14)

So made a research about the components necessary to build a gaming laptop with external graphics and I end up picking:
LAPTOP: Lenovo t540p Thinkpad
CPU: I7 4700MQ
EGPU ADAPTER: EXP GDC beast 8.0
GPU: RX 570 8gb OC MSI
PSU: Dell DA-2 220W
MONITOR: LG 24MK400h
So, I connected the everything and turned on the laptop as the guides said, and Black screen in Internal/External but the GPU fans started spin.
I then tried to connect the Expresscard port while windows is running and nothing, i tried to connect the HDMI port at the EXP GDC and the graphic show up as a VGA adapter in the internal, and searched the drivers and it showed me the Graphics label as Rx 570. and the drive is telling me that there is no graphic detected when I tried to restart it gave me the same problem...Black screen.
So, can anybody help me?

2013 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T540P [4th,4C,Q] + RX 570 @ 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN (RJ45) + Win10 1909 [Maximiano14]

ReplyQuote
jared122
(@jared122)

[Please login to see this]

ReplyQuote
Felipe Natal
(@felipe_natal)

Hello guys, I'm trying to setup a GT 1030 using the EXP GDC Beast version 8.5C on a generic no brand laptop that has a Core i7 620m (1st Gen), 8Gb of RAM and 500Gb SSD. I bought the Dell DA-2 220W power brick for powering it as well. I've been trying to set everything up but still hasn't been successful, can anyone help me out with this? I would really appreciate it, thanks!

ReplyQuote
rafbr
(@rafbr)

Hi,
I am wondering a way to egpu my laptop ASUS ROG G750JM.
I bought it (thought it would be almost plug and play) after failed to egpu my old HP DV7 due to not having a successfull DSDT override.
I have a PCE164P-N03 adaptor. I already managed to connect it to mpcie port but no successful boot just glitches on laptop screen.
This ROG bios is very limitated bios but I found an option to enable or disable Thunderbolt, so is it Thunderbolt capable?

Long story short, what are chances of getting it to work with egpu with Thunderbolt or the PCE164P-N03 I have available here?
If I buy DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 would be of any help here?

My regards!

ps: I have one desktop PC with three eGPUs working flawlessly doing my rendering jobs, so my skill are limited but does exist.

Notebook: Asus ROG G750JM
EGPU: PCE164P-N03 (GTX 970)

ReplyQuote
 of  78