my eGPU is not being detected at all on my expresscard eGPU on my Lenovo Thinkpa...

Notifications
Clear all

my eGPU is not being detected at all on my expresscard eGPU on my Lenovo Thinkpad x220 tablet  

of  2
  RSS

crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

first time i plugged it in it detected it but it then said that it needed to restart to finish changes and when it booted back up it just wasnt detecting anymore

I tried

• plugging it in before I booted the laptop up
  • installing drivers before plugging it in 
  • tried different graphics cards
  • tried to do the sleep mode trick

I can't get anything I searched up to work please help me!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

Maby it has been detected as different device. Have you changed bios settings? What GDC EXP version do you have?

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M.2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

@fazums, I have the version v8.4d

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

@fazums, the only bios change I did was changing it to boot from lan to booting from the ssd

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

Whad does your device manager say? Does new graphic card appear in gpu section next to dedicated GPU? If not, try to disable Graphic Device – UMA / Graphic Mode-Integrated / PXE Boot to LAN or Network Boot. If you still don't see your new GPU, try this metod https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Maby there is a conflict with new GPU so you need to switch it the hard way, by uinstaller app

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M.2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

it does not show the graphics card at all in the device manager and I dont see the PXE boot to LAN option in my bios

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

You use bios Legacy or UEFI?

ReplyQuote
crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

@fazums, I set my WEFI/Legacy boot to both and set the priority to legacy first

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

Try this metod

ReplyQuote
crystalhydra
(@crystalhydra)

@fazums, So if i have intel hd graphics would I uninstall that?

ReplyQuote
 of  2