Setup & Software Discussions
NVIDIA Display settings are not available GTX 750 Ti / EXP GDC

NVIDIA Display settings are not available GTX 750 Ti / EXP GDC  

RSS

otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

Hello guys , i've been encountering a problem after a Windows update . My setup consists of an EXP GDC with an Express Card , a GTX 750 Ti as an EGPU , and a 450 W PSU . Running this on a Dell Latitude E6420 i5 2520M  8 GB Ram . So everything was running pretty smoothly on windows 7 until i decided to switch to a Windows 10 OS . I don't get any errors on the device manager so the gpu must be running fine , but when i try opening the NVIDIA Control Panel a message pops up : "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU" I tried uninstalling all the NVIDIA Drivers using DDU and doing a clean install afterwards but it didn't seem to work . A little thing i noticed is when i use DDU to uninstall the drivers and then after a reboot i try opening the Control Panel WITHOUT installing the NVIDIA Drivers it actually opens up but when i try running any game,  the screen starts flickering so it doesnt seem to do the trick . I actually affirm that this only started happening once i switched to Windows 10 , on windows 7 everything seemed to be working perfectly . I'd really appreciate some help , thanks in advance .

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

Update : For anyone facing the same problem , I tried downloading and installing old NVIDIA drivers and the problem seems to be gone .

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@junior_rocha)

@otakubooster

I have the same problem, which driver version is used?

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

@junior_rocha

I'm using the 425.31 version , no problems so far

ReplyQuote
(@junior_rocha)

@otakubooster

Windows 10?

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

@junior_rocha

Yeah

ReplyQuote