Setup & Software Discussions
NVIDIA Display settings are not available GTX 750 Ti / EXP GDC

NVIDIA Display settings are not available GTX 750 Ti / EXP GDC  

RSS

otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

Hello guys , i've been encountering a problem after a Windows update . My setup consists of an EXP GDC with an Express Card , a GTX 750 Ti as an EGPU , and a 450 W PSU . Running this on a Dell Latitude E6420 i5 2520M  8 GB Ram . So everything was running pretty smoothly on windows 7 until i decided to switch to a Windows 10 OS . I don't get any errors on the device manager so the gpu must be running fine , but when i try opening the NVIDIA Control Panel a message pops up : "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU" I tried uninstalling all the NVIDIA Drivers using DDU and doing a clean install afterwards but it didn't seem to work . A little thing i noticed is when i use DDU to uninstall the drivers and then after a reboot i try opening the Control Panel WITHOUT installing the NVIDIA Drivers it actually opens up but when i try running any game,  the screen starts flickering so it doesnt seem to do the trick . I actually affirm that this only started happening once i switched to Windows 10 , on windows 7 everything seemed to be working perfectly . I'd really appreciate some help , thanks in advance .

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

Update : For anyone facing the same problem , I tried downloading and installing old NVIDIA drivers and the problem seems to be gone .

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@junior_rocha)

@otakubooster

I have the same problem, which driver version is used?

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

@junior_rocha

I'm using the 425.31 version , no problems so far

ReplyQuote
(@junior_rocha)

@otakubooster

Windows 10?

ReplyQuote
otakubooster
(@otakubooster)

@junior_rocha

Yeah

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

Same here,NVIDIA screw us again.From what i can see in the registry,Optimus entries are missing completely.
I'm stuck with 430.86,nothing newer is working on my end.
FYI,using dummy HDMI didn't help at all,just some info if anyone thinks that it could help.
Any solutions,workarounds are welcome.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
(@jersty_golpeo)

Posted by: @dani_tx

Same here,NVIDIA screw us again.From what i can see in the registry,Optimus entries are missing completely.
I'm stuck with 430.86,nothing newer is working on my end.
FYI,using dummy HDMI didn't help at all,just some info if anyone thinks that it could help.
Any solutions,workarounds are welcome.

try to disable the driver in device manager then ok 

then back again to device manager enable it hopefully it works on you 🙂

ReplyQuote