Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti Orange Screen of Death [Lenovo Ideapad 510, Exp gdc beast v8 ...

Notifications
Clear all

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti Orange Screen of Death [Lenovo Ideapad 510, Exp gdc beast v8 NGFF]  

RSS

Miguel Angel Castro
(@miguel_angel_castro)

Hello, since i installed a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC edition in my notebook, there is random crashes with blue screen while im using it, playing videogames or using another apps but in the last days it just turned instead of blue screen now is an orange screen, here is the specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200u 2.7 - 3.1GHz

Memory: 12GB RAM DDR4

HDD : 1TB

Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB

Nvidia driver : 436.48

Windows 10 ver 1903

I didnt overclocked the graphic card.

The crash says VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE with the file "nvlddmkm.sys", i openen the reliability history and theres is 2 reports of crash. The first one says a Hardware Problem, the events name is LiveKernelEvent and the second says Blue Screen after every crash.

Does somebody know about how to fix this problem?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sabrefv
(@sabrefv)
Trusted Member

This sw can be a start to help determine what caused the crash https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed It might give you more detailed information about the crash. I had an issue with my Intel optane drive and this helped me identify it quicker.

Other things to try.

1. I have seen many posts in this forum about Windows 1903. You should search in this forum about getting off that release. Apparently it s causing havoc with all sorts of eGPU builds. Installing GDC exp beast is hard enough.

2. Additionally a google at this link https://www.iobit.com/en/knowledge-fix-nvidia-nvlddmkm.sys-blue-screen-error-13.php seems to point to that being a driver issue so may be worth doing a DDU removal of current drivers and reinstall the latest is at least worth a try.

Lenovo Yoga 730, Dell XPS 13
Akitio Node, Gigabyte Aorus 1070
Sapphire Nitro RX 580, Nvidia GE Force GTX 1070

2018 13" Lenovo Yoga 730 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1050 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Lenovo TB3 GFX Dock) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Tamim Mahmud
(@tamim_mahmud)

@miguel_angel_castro,  Had the same problem. As your cpu is 7th gen it should have PCI e gen 3.0. And EXP GDC can't handle that(You can check this in buyer's guide) . Now your solution is either you downgrade the link speed to gen 2 by editing bios/Nando's egpu setup or buy and gen3 supported dock.

ASUS P553UJ - CPU: i56200u . RAM:8GB DDR4-dGPU:GTX 920m-eGPU:GTX 1050Ti -Adapter:EXP GDC 8.5c

ReplyQuote
Miguel Angel Castro
(@miguel_angel_castro)

@tamim_mahmud, Hi, thanks for respond, i found a temporary solution to my problem and its been working long time, it was config the nvidia control panel to let all the apps work with the Intel graphics card, except for the games i play or some apps tools that requires more graphics, the Blue/Orange Screen has been gone since then. But i would like to try to improve that stability that you are talking about, thanks in advice.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote