NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver

Notifications
Clear all

NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver  

of  30
  RSS

inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

I too have encountered this error while creating custom resolution. Games won't launch even MPC shows d3d error.

You can fix it on latest driver by disabling nvidia control panel service (container). After that just use profile inspector to work with settings. Also make a restore point before doing this.

Cheers.

update: Also just found that if you have hotplug enables you can also install 375.76 version.

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad E531 (GT740M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
chhaihy
(@chhaihy)

I too have encountered BOSD error appear on Dell 5437

any help pls everyone 

update : I noticed that BOSD video failed when I play battlefield 1

update : I found that my power supply to card is unstable so it causes blue screen 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

It’s been a while since I’ve seen anything on this topic. My computer was running fine on 375.63, but for some reason the driver just broke and I’m reinstalling it anyway. While I’m doing that, I’m wondering if I can get a more updated one. Does anyone know?

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 [no guide]

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@pr1vacy, have you considered upgrading from Win 8.1  to 10? We have few holdouts running Win8.1 given 10's better eGPU compatibility and overall functionality. If so, you may find this link of interest:

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
phanith
(@phanith)

I try that step many time but it feels like I learn to fly. anyone have any easier tutorial 

System Specs:

Gateway NE572

i7-4510u

16GB PC3-12800

GPU/Adapter Specs:

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING 4GB

EXP GDC BEAST 8.4d mPCI-e

12V 8A barrel plug  

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
survfate
(@survfate)
Eminent Member

Posted by: pr1vacy

2- Then i checked to see wheter if hot plugging is enabled on my pcie connections; hwinfo64 showed that they are disabled, so i decided to flash my bios to enable it, ami bios; was dumped then edited via amibcp software. i both  enabled hotplug of all pcie ports and set their access to USER to see them in startup bios. while flashing it gave me an error that secure flash was not started, because of sertifiacete check, so I bypassed it by using the /GAN function,(some people claims that adding /GAN to the flash leaves some areas of bios unchanged, and here is the #2 suspect for failure on my side.) Other than that the flash worked fine, until i restart pc, load defaults and restart again.I can't see my new settings added to the bios screen. In the windows, hwinfo64 still show those ports as hot plug disabled, but when i dump another copy of my current bios with AFUwin or bios backup toolkit, the new bios has those settings enabled?!
Then i proceed to remove the old drivers via ddu, then restart computer,plug the card in, then black screen shows up and i can't enter the bios.

enable hotplug with amibcp will never work, you need to do a setup_var method in the EFI shell. At least that is what it is from my personal experience.

2012 15" ASUS K55VJ (GT635M) [3rd,2C,M] + GTX 1050 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
phanith
(@phanith)

for me i'm using window 7 and for all of this process it feels like learn how to fly, it would be great if it's come with VIDEO

ReplyQuote
Rizky Ikhsan
(@rizky_ikhsan)

Hello guys,

idk if somebody already posted about this or not but fyi the hdmi cable to mpci-e can’t get too close (or even direct contact) with the hdmi cable for monitor. I found this could preventing your egpu from being detected. 

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

I really think @GynTh0r 's  post deserves a post of it's own to be more easily found from Google.

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 [no guide]

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@Ajayajayaj, thank you for the suggestions. A new standalone thread moving GynTh0r's post along with replies has been created:

FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // applicable to GTX10xx

Please give it the Thumbs up (Like) if you like it.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  30