NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver

Notifications

NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver  

of  9
  RSS

Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Estimable Member

Posted by: wiselyzzz

Dear G.Salavat, thank you for replying and answered my question. I appreciate it. I still can't make the EGPU NVIDIA GTX 1050 to work. Code error 43 is driving me crazy. There are so many issues that prevent me to enjoying my new Bought GTX 1050. My laptop is very old that can't handle latest games. That's why I decided to buy external graphic card. But, as you can see, unless I modded 372.70 driver which at that time GTX 1050 isn't supported to bypass installation or have my BIOS unlocked, I won't be able to make the code 43 gone.

Modding the driver 372.70 works only at bypassing installation checking system but at the end, it says "NVIDIA INSTALLER HAS FAILED." OMG, another issue.

Unlocking BIOS seems to be best but no such BIOS UNLOCKED thing exist for my laptop. I am so sad....

I sent you a private message. I can help. I have helped a couple people with bios modding so far.

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

wiselyzzz liked
ReplyQuote
franm
(@franm)

Dear Sir franm, thank you so much in answering my question. So to see, I will only need to install 372.70. I know it that it won't work if it is above 372.70. That being said, May I kindly request a driver modded 372.70 to make it bypass installation for GTX 1050 non-ti? I would love to try that for solution number 1 which is installing modded driver 372.70.

Also, for another solution, Enabling hot plugging is the best choice, but, the issue is that I have Locked BIOS AMI. I need the UNLOCKED BIOS AMI to have the settings hot plugging configuration. The default is the issue is not exist. I tried to google it and it seems that no one has ever got this UNLOCKED BIOS. I am sad though. If you have someone or you have the BIOS, please let me know. Thank you

For the Igor's solution, I tried to do what he instructed. However, the issue is that I do not have nvidia_rebootneeded in registry HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE. Where do I find this? How can I continue his steps if I don't even have this registry? Thank you. 

Igor's solution doesn't work for the GTX 1050. The nvidia_rebootneeded  registry key appears after successfully installing the driver and being asked to reboot by the installer.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

Ok,

I have finally managed to enable hot plug but I can't use the lastest drivers? I still get error 43. Is this new? I thought enabeling hot plug ensures the use of all drivers?

Max

Unbenannt

2015 15" Clevo N150RD + [email protected] (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10

ReplyQuote
wiselyzzz
(@wiselyzzz)

Posted by: franm

Dear Sir franm, thank you so much in answering my question. So to see, I will only need to install 372.70. I know it that it won't work if it is above 372.70. That being said, May I kindly request a driver modded 372.70 to make it bypass installation for GTX 1050 non-ti? I would love to try that for solution number 1 which is installing modded driver 372.70.

Also, for another solution, Enabling hot plugging is the best choice, but, the issue is that I have Locked BIOS AMI. I need the UNLOCKED BIOS AMI to have the settings hot plugging configuration. The default is the issue is not exist. I tried to google it and it seems that no one has ever got this UNLOCKED BIOS. I am sad though. If you have someone or you have the BIOS, please let me know. Thank you

For the Igor's solution, I tried to do what he instructed. However, the issue is that I do not have nvidia_rebootneeded in registry HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE. Where do I find this? How can I continue his steps if I don't even have this registry? Thank you. 

Igor's solution doesn't work for the GTX 1050. The nvidia_rebootneeded  registry key appears after successfully installing the driver and being asked to reboot by the installer.

I see. It appears after that? Thank you. But still, doesnt work for GTX 1050? What a waste.

@Ajayajayaj == You are helping me now, sir. Thank you very much 🙂

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
wiselyzzz
(@wiselyzzz)

Posted by: maxwell87

Ok,

I have finally managed to enable hot plug but I can't use the lastest drivers? I still get error 43. Is this new? I thought enabeling hot plug ensures the use of all drivers?

Max

Unbenannt

If I remember correctly, wasn't driver 375.xx  the latest version for Hot plug capability? Any driver version above that will not work though, thus, giving code 43. I remember someone posted that 372.70 is the latest version if you do not use hot plug capability. 

ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

@wiselyzzz

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it does not work. I'm stuck with 372.70.

ReplyQuote
wiselyzzz
(@wiselyzzz)

Posted by: maxwell87

@wiselyzzz

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it does not work. I'm stuck with 372.70.

It is okay though. At least, yours is working perfectly while I am stuck with code 43, hot plug not capable in HWinfo despite enabled in BIOS using AMIBCP.

ReplyQuote
Gersson94
(@gersson94)

Posted by: Ajayajayaj

Dear G.Salavat, thank you for replying and answered my question. I appreciate it. I still can't make the EGPU NVIDIA GTX 1050 to work. Code error 43 is driving me crazy. There are so many issues that prevent me to enjoying my new Bought GTX 1050. My laptop is very old that can't handle latest games. That's why I decided to buy external graphic card. But, as you can see, unless I modded 372.70 driver which at that time GTX 1050 isn't supported to bypass installation or have my BIOS unlocked, I won't be able to make the code 43 gone.

Modding the driver 372.70 works only at bypassing installation checking system but at the end, it says "NVIDIA INSTALLER HAS FAILED." OMG, another issue.

Unlocking BIOS seems to be best but no such BIOS UNLOCKED thing exist for my laptop. I am so sad....

I sent you a private message. I can help. I have helped a couple people with bios modding so far.

Can you help me with this too? My mPci-e is not Hot plug enabled, I have a HP ENVY Dv6 7380LA, (i7 3630qm, HD4000, GT650M) that I want to prepare it for the arriving of my EXP GDC 8.4d set up.

I didn't find anything safe to try for my shitt* Insyde F.29 BIOS (or something like that)

Here the bios latest update from HP  https://support.hp.com/es-es/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-envy-dv6-7300-notebook-pc-series/5330549/model/5350991

(can't attach it)

Can you take a look please?

ReplyQuote
TheGermanGuy
(@thegermanguy)
Eminent Member

I tried the "Russian" Driver Override Method and it works with the 378.78 drivers...

With the recent driver sadly firefox and chrome crashes some seconds after i startup them...

I Will try every driver to detect which version is the most recent and works with firefox and chrome...

2011 15" Dell XPS15 L502x GT540M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7

maxwell87 liked
ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

Posted by: TheGermanGuy

I tried the "Russian" Driver Override Method and it works with the 378.78 drivers...

With the recent driver sadly firefox and chrome crashes some seconds after i startup them...

I Will try every driver to detect which version is the most recent and works with firefox and chrome...

very nice! I thought about doing exactly that. Please report back...

ReplyQuote
linedraw
(@linedraw)

w520 with MSI 1060 3 GB running fine on 375.70 with win10 creators update. mPCI from the fine people of Shenzen. BIOS not modded and Quadro disabled.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@linedraw, are you using a mPCIe or expresscard adapter? I ask because a Lenovo W520 has an expresscard with easier access. It’s also a hotpluggable interface so doesn’t encounter error 43 like the non-hotpluggable mPCIe interface. 

Did you want to submit an inplementation guide to give the Lenovo W520 some representation?

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-implementations-table/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote
linedraw
(@linedraw)

Sry, of course it is expresscard. And yes, it is hotpluggable. Verfied this, pulled the card, desktops goes to internal display, inserted the card, external monitor w/ 1060 comes back.

But for error 43, I was getting this after the update to creators with 384.94.

edit: will fill out the implementation guide

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

I've seen people complaining about error 43 on desktop PC with GTX 1060 so i guess it's not not only the driver's fault in this case.Try 378.92,i've had little to none problems with it comparing to any other one.Still 384.94(win 10 AU) gave me 20 more FPS on Battlefield 4(mid/low) on internal display so i'd say it's a keeper.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
go_tnt
(@go_tnt)

Hi guys,

Running into code 43 problem with my laptop, the last 2 days has been very frustrating for me. I managed to turn on all mpcie port hot plug but grub, I can confirm with hwinfo64 that the hot plug is enabled, and when I install 372.70 driver, it works fine, but I still want to use the latest driver, but when I install the latest 384.94 whql driver, I got a code 43. Is there anything I missed?

My setup is dell latitude E5430, Zotac 1070 x-gaming oc, EXP GDC v8.4, dell 220w power adapter, Windows 10 x64 OS, tried both bios and uefi.

Please help!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
TheGermanGuy
(@thegermanguy)
Eminent Member

It's possible to install the latest drivers with the "Russian" Method....

I got it working but sadly chrome and Firefox crashes... BUT Opera works fine!

ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

Your not alone... Same here... Unfortunately there is little you can do... Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

Posted by: dani29m

I've seen people complaining about error 43 on desktop PC with GTX 1060 so i guess it's not not only the driver's fault in this case.Try 378.92,i've had little to none problems with it comparing to any other one.Still 384.94(win 10 AU) gave me 20 more FPS on Battlefield 4(mid/low) on internal display so i'd say it's a keeper.

These issues have mostly been resolved using DDU and doing a clean install.

ReplyQuote
moekloar
(@mo3klo4r)
Eminent Member

so you people with exp gdc expresscard solutions and 1060/70/80: did you use the "russian way" or did you just install the driver normally without any workaround?

ReplyQuote
IgorGIV
(@igorgiv)
Trusted Member

TheGermanGuy,

If you use your eGPU with an external display, then try to disable IntelHD videocard in "Device Manager", and check for crashing chrome/firefox again. Maybe this will be the solution.

If you never ask, then you will never learn

ReplyQuote
TheGermanGuy
(@thegermanguy)
Eminent Member

I use the internal display for now....I also tried other versions and 382.53 runs fine! I just use this one...

I also made an complete video-guide maybe it will help someone

ReplyQuote
maxwell87
(@maxwell87)
Eminent Member

Running latest drivers using the Russian method gives me poor performance, compared to a clean install of 372.70. Has anyone else experienced this? I reverted back to 372.70 as it gives me the best performance so far!

edit: Installing the drivers reactivated my dGPU which caused the problems. Now running fine with latest drivers!

ReplyQuote
Steven_Villain
(@steven_villain)

Try enable your dGPU if you have one.. see my post here:

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/alienware-14-gtx-970-exp-gdc-8-4d-mpcie-experience-share/

ReplyQuote
IgorGIV
(@igorgiv)
Trusted Member

go_tnt,

With the only hotplug enabled you are only able to install 375.70 driver. The newer drivers are impossible to install (you will get 43 error).

Read this topic please, and you will find answers to all your questions. Also you can find there one tricky method of installing of the latest drivers which may help you.

ReplyQuote
go_tnt
(@go_tnt)

Posted by: IgorGIV

go_tnt,

With the only hotplug enabled you are only able to install 375.70 driver. The newer drivers are impossible to install (you will get 43 error).

Read this topic please, and you will find answers to all your questions. Also you can find there one tricky method of installing of the latest drivers which may help you.

you mean 372.70, right? I managed to install the latest driver using the no clean install method. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
IgorGIV
(@igorgiv)
Trusted Member

go_tnt,

No, i didn't make a mistake. I mean exactly 375.70. But for someone it is only 375.63.

372.70 - is the last working driver for GTX1060 (6g), 1070, 1080 just out of the box, without any hotplug enabling and other tricks. With hotplug the latest driver you can install is 375.70. But there is one tricky method to install newest driver which you can find in the link i gave earlier, and you don't need to enable hotplug at all. Good luck! 😉

ReplyQuote
go_tnt
(@go_tnt)

Got it, thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
shoes
(@shoes)

I am getting error 43 for any driver that is newer than 375.70 even though I am using the express card slot which is hot swappable.

I'm not sure what to do to be honest because I cannot apply the 368.81 fix because 1050ti is not supported on that version. The only versions that the 1050ti work with are 375.63 and 375.70 and after upgrading to any other version, I get error 43.

In this thread it claims that only non hot swappable interfaces are affected but i am affected as well.

Given that it's been almost an year since the last update that works I'm pretty sure that nvidia won't re-enable support for this, so it looks like I have only 2 options really

1. return the 1050ti and buy a 960 (the previous thread mentions that this problem affects only 10xx cards, so the 960 should be fine)

2. live with older drivers and hope that nvidia will re-enable support for these cards. How bad is it to live with really outdated drivers?

ReplyQuote
brickster2000
(@brickster2000)

I'm way out of my depth here, I purchased a 1050 before knowing that there were issues with hot-plugging. I am unable to return the gpu, and have no idea if I am able to unlock the BIOS on my dell inspiron 3542. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ReplyQuote
carage
(@carage)

I am considering to replace my GTX 1080 with a second-hand GTX 980 Ti,

just want to seek confirmation that this issue does not affect the GTX 900 series before I make an overpriced downgrade.

Can anyone confirm whether GTX 900 cards won't run into this driver limitation?

Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@carage, I’ve had several users report success via email of circumventing this error 43 issue by downgrading to a GTX9xx card. It is advised you carefully read the opening post of this thread to see if you can either enable a PCIe port hotplug bit or use a driver workaround to resolve the error 43 before doing the downgrade from your GTX1080.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote
IgorGIV
(@igorgiv)
Trusted Member

Posted by: carage

I am considering to replace my GTX 1080 with a second-hand GTX 980 Ti,

just want to seek confirmation that this issue does not affect the GTX 900 series before I make an overpriced downgrade.

Can anyone confirm whether GTX 900 cards won't run into this driver limitation?

Thanks in advance.

And what happened? As far as i remember, you had successfully installed new drivers via 368.81 here. Why did you decide to change your card?

ReplyQuote
carage
(@carage)

Posted by: nando4

@carage, I've had several users report success via email of circumventing this error 43 issue by downgrading to a GTX9xx card. It is advised you carefully read the opening post of this thread to see if you can either enable a PCIe port hotplug bit or use a driver workaround to resolve the error 43 before doing the downgrade from your GTX1080.

It appears my Express Card slot already has hotplugging enabled by default but it is still affected.

I also tried the driver workaround, but the newer drivers keep creating new problems so I still end up reverting back to 375.70. 

ReplyQuote
Prof_Zadoyan
(@prof_zadoyan)

I insert GTX 1050 TI from Gigabyte, and have problem with driver. I did everything, but drivers are not installed. Tried to put on Windows 10 and Windows 7, but always writes error code 43. 

What can I do? 

ReplyQuote
Geddz
(@geddz)

Hi thank you for sharing this it realy helps and it works .. im using now the latest driver as of now  385.41

the main key is the 368.81 driver it doesnt master what gpu driver you install next

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

Too bad 1060 is released 1 month later 2 days after 368.81 driver was released. I have hotplug enabled yet get same error 43 when I try to install newest drivers.

Any ideas?

Update:

Got it working and updating my implementation post right now.

Steps to get it working:

Forgot to mention but modded drivers will only install under test mode. Some people reported that disabling integrity checks didn't work for them.

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

1. Download 368.81 drivers.
  2. Unpack exe with 7zip(or similar software).
  3. Go to Display.Driver and open up nv_dispi.inf
  4. Add 1 line %NVIDIA_DEV.1c02%           = Section062, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C02 (where 1c02 is dev id of your gpu) after %NVIDIA_DEV.1C03%           = Section062, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03
  5. Add 1 line NVIDIA_DEV.1C02 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB" (dev id and your card title) after NVIDIA_DEV.1C03 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB"

Win10 c/o offline user

There is another step to force the installation of the inxftw's 368.81_modded driver. That is to force the installation of unsigned drivers when hash problem is found. The solution is from with Administrator command prompt run this:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

and reboot. The notebook does have the mPCIe eGPU port hotplug bit disabled as show below.

Win7 c/o shoes

Got it working was holding Shift and clicking Restart > Advanced Startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > 7) Disable driver enforcement

Then install the modified version and right after that install the latest version. Restart and voilla.

6. Save, and follow IgorGIV  guide.

For Win7

tried the inxftw/IgorGIV/offline solution in your forum:

hp elitebook 2570p + dsdt override via diy egpu setup 1.35 + expresscard exp gdc beast v8.4d + gtx 1050 ti + nvidia driver 385.41

edited nv_dispi.inf for the windows 7 (64 bit) driver a little differently:

has a few seperate blocks of device lists for win vista/7/8/8.1. put it under the win7 block "[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]" last line, "%NVIDIA_DEV.1C03% ...", said "Section032" instead "Section062", changed my added line to "Section032" edited my dev id as "1C82" and card title as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

just tried prey on the internal screen with no worse performance than before using the nvidia driver 375.70. calling it a success

nando4>> an offline user with a GTX1050Ti explained need a step 5.5 inserted between the above step 5 and 6:

HP Envy 17-j111sl + GTX1050Ti@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC)

Dear Nando, I finally make the 1050Ti works. Yes, I am the first in the world. 🙂 I did it.  I'm using an external monitor on the 1050 ti.
HD4600+GTX1050Ti mPCIe2 no error43

Solution: There is another step to force the installation of the inxftw's 368.81_modded driver. That is to force the installation of unsigned drivers when hash problem is found. The solution is from with Administrator command prompt run this:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

and reboot. The notebook does have the mPCIe eGPU port hotplug bit disabled as seen below:

hotplug disabled envy17

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 GT740M + [email protected] (PCE164P-N03) + Win10

shoes and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
 of  9