Setup & Software Discussions
NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver

NVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver  

of  9
  RSS

nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

INFO: Potential fix for error 43 on GTX1050 and new GTX1060 cards

Requesting an error 43 affected GTX1050 or late GTX1060 user with a non-hotpluggable interface to test inxftw/IgorGIV/offline users fix in the previous post.

The offline user had a GTX1050Ti working on a non-hotplug mPCIe2 interface but his system’s NVidia GT740M dGPU may mean it’s a false positive.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10

ReplyQuote
G.Salavat
(@g-salavat)

385.41 – successfully installed on several notebooks:

• Dell e6430 + 1050 ti. Hotplug enabled. 
  • DNS 0162832 + 1050ti.  Hotplug enabled.
  • Msi gp60 2pe +  1060 3Gb. Hotplug disabled.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

inxftw and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@roman_glova)

Note dell e6320 + GTX 1070 driver 385.41 - no issues

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
shoes
(@shoes)

For context, I am using a gtx 1050 ti through the pe4c 3.0 adapter on expresscard and I'm using windows 10

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Doesn't disable the integrity check for me, I am still getting

sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE} 09:09:17.685

!!!  sig:                Driver package INF file hash is not present in catalog file. Filename = nv_dispi.inf, Error = 0xE000024B

!!!  sig:                Driver package appears to be tampered, and Code Integrity is enforced.

!!!  sig:                Driver package failed signature validation. Error = 0xE000024B

sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE: exit(0xe000024b)} 09:09:17.777

!!!  sig:           Driver package failed signature verification. Error = 0xE000024B

!!!  sto:           Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0xE000024B

sto:      {Stage Driver Package: exit(0xe000024b)} 09:09:17.876

sto: {Setup Import Driver Package - exit (0xe000024b)} 09:09:17.969

!!!  ndv: Driver package import failed for device.

!!!  ndv: Error 0xe000024b: The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.

<<<  Section end 2017/09/03 09:09:18.246

<<<  [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe000024b)]

Update:

Got it working was holding Shift and clicking Restart > Advanced Startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > 7) Disable driver enforcement

Then install the modified version and right after that install the latest version. Restart and voilla.

ReplyQuote
(@gonzalo_bulnes_diaz)

lenovo g400s + gtx 1050 + 385.41 = worked

ReplyQuote
(@gunther_gasner)

Ajayajayaj and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@volkan_gur)

Hello i have  1060 3gb. Im install 368.81 after 

385.41 with no code 43 but i have a new problem direct x error when i check with gpu-z direct compute non tick and when ı try a start game give directx error. when im downgrade 

375.7 or

370.7 everything worked without problem pls help me sorry for my language

ReplyQuote
favas0
(@favas0)
Eminent Member

Okay , this is my spec 

laptop : lenovo z410 

Bios : modded (Hotplug Enabled)

Gpu : 1070 8gb

Nvidia Driver Version : 385.41 WHQL

This was possible by 

- If you have any nvidia driver installed use DDU to remove it then start the steps

1) Install Nvidia Driver  368.81

2)Open your registry editor, proceed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete nvidia_rebootneeded. (thanks Cacada for this additional step)

3) Install 385.41 Driver (or whatever is the latest) and PhysX! (not clean install!).

4)Reboot your system after install procedure will be done and there will be no error 43, and videocard will work perfectly with 385.41 driver.

Thank you forum

Laptop : Lenovo z410 ( i5-4200m GT740M 12GB 1TB-SSD) running Windows 10 Pro build 14393 // Hot-Plug Enabled BIOS
eGPU : Gigabyte GTX1070@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4d) + SilverStone sfx-500L PSU

Chartone and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
favas0
(@favas0)
Eminent Member

Posted by: favas0

Okay , this is my spec 

This was possible by 

- If you have any nvidia driver installed use DDU to remove it then start the steps

2)Open your registry editor, proceed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete nvidia_rebootneeded. (thanks Cacada for this additional step)

3) Install 385.41 Driver (or whatever is the latest) and PhysX! (not clean install!).

4)Reboot your system after install procedure will be done and there will be no error 43, and videocard will work perfectly with 385.41 driver.

Thank you forum

I regret doing this , i had like 6 BSOD with dxgkrnl.sys based error  and i reverted back to 375.76 . Now a little more info about the settings , on both versions i have downclocked my gpu by 10%. The last thing i have to check is changing the speed from gen 2 to gen 1 , which i didnt want to do as it will seriously affect gameplay. Posting this so that others with my config knows what they are getting into.

Laptop : Lenovo z410 ( i5-4200m GT740M 12GB 1TB-SSD) running Windows 10 Pro build 14393 // Hot-Plug Enabled BIOS

ReplyQuote
renanrigamonte
(@renanrigamonte)

Hello everyone, I have success intaling GTX 1060 3gb in W10 with no problems, but whem the graphics card is "Forced" to work, the laptop (asus x550c) restart without explication but before this the display turn off and recovery after a few seconds and get the message error "" Display driver stopped working and has recovered ", I`m try to downgrade to W7 trying to fix it without success, I get the same error, I used CCleaner, DDU, Disk Clean still restarting .... and restarting ... and restarting ...

Anyone know how to solve this?

Especification> Notebook Asus X550C, Power Suplly CoolerMaster  GX650 80+, GTX 1060 3GB, EGDC Beast PCI-E version.

UPDATE> 
I have sucess instaling 368.81 before 375.70 at the moment working fine without issues and without  restart

DOUBT>
I update or not?
Untitled

ReplyQuote
thegameplayer
(@thegameplayer)

Okay , this is my spec 

This was possible by 

Thank you forum

I regret doing this , i had like 6 BSOD with dxgkrnl.sys based error  and i reverted back to 375.76 . Now a little more info about the settings , on both versions i have downclocked my gpu by 10%. The last thing i have to check is changing the speed from gen 2 to gen 1 , which i didnt want to do as it will seriously affect gameplay. Posting this so that others with my config knows what they are getting into.

How much performance loss with gen 1?

ReplyQuote
favas0
(@favas0)
Eminent Member

Posted by: thegameplayer

Okay , this is my spec 

This was possible by 

Thank you forum

I didnt check it out as  driver version 375.76 is stable for me with downclocked memory and clock speeds. Currently running with gen 2 speed. Never had a bsod in this version 

ReplyQuote
crema
(@crema)

Nice try, did follow  GynTh0rs summary and got Driver 385.41 working . But when i started any game, after a few seconds of play, a BSOD appears with nvlddmkm.sys  error. 

Tried some older NVIDIA drivers, but the only one that works without errors is still 372.70.

Ah and I  always prevent installing driver updates automatically, because windows tries to updates the 372.70 driver  

(see this https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/ , maybe you could add this to your tutorial).

Any suggestions?

Like I said, i'm getting the BSOD appears with nvlddmkm.sys Error after a some minutes of playing any GPU intens game. Only 372,70 does work. Maybe I will do a fresh reinstall of Windows to avoid any unknown misconfigurations.

My Setup:

Asus Zenbook UX32: Intel Core I5, 8GB RAM, with hybride Intel and NVIDIA 840m graphics (not using), GTX 1060 3GB eGPU on BEAST EXP GDX Mini-PCIe.

ReplyQuote
(@rizky_ikhsan)

Nice solution but I couldn't get my eGPU detected at all.

instead now my 740m getting 43 error and I've uninstalled the driver.

my specs:

cpu : i7 4500u

gpu: 740m

egpu: 1050ti zotac 4g oc

laptop: asus s551lb

*update : i managed to get it all working. the main problem was the ATX switch button that turned off. turned it on and all problem solved along with the solution up there.
the current problem now with the random restart problem that surfaced after using GTX 1050 ti. current suspect is the CPU getting overheat for some reason.

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

I too have encountered this error while creating custom resolution. Games won't launch even MPC shows d3d error.

You can fix it on latest driver by disabling nvidia control panel service (container). After that just use profile inspector to work with settings. Also make a restore point before doing this.

Cheers.

update: Also just found that if you have hotplug enables you can also install 375.76 version.

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 GT740M + [email protected] (PCE164P-N03) + Win10

ReplyQuote
chhaihy
(@chhaihy)

I too have encountered BOSD error appear on Dell 5437

any help pls everyone 

update : I noticed that BOSD video failed when I play battlefield 1

update : I found that my power supply to card is unstable so it causes blue screen 

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member

It’s been a while since I’ve seen anything on this topic. My computer was running fine on 375.63, but for some reason the driver just broke and I’m reinstalling it anyway. While I’m doing that, I’m wondering if I can get a more updated one. Does anyone know?

2011 15" Asus U57A + GTX1050@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@pr1vacy, have you considered upgrading from Win 8.1  to 10? We have few holdouts running Win8.1 given 10’s better eGPU compatibility and overall functionality. If so, you may find this link of interest:

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + macOS 10.13.6 & Win10

ReplyQuote
(@phanith)

I try that step many time but it feels like I learn to fly. anyone have any easier tutorial 

System Specs:

Gateway NE572

i7-4510u

16GB PC3-12800

GPU/Adapter Specs:

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING 4GB

EXP GDC BEAST 8.4d mPCI-e

12V 8A barrel plug  

ReplyQuote
survfate
(@survfate)
Eminent Member

Posted by: pr1vacy

2- Then i checked to see wheter if hot plugging is enabled on my pcie connections; hwinfo64 showed that they are disabled, so i decided to flash my bios to enable it, ami bios; was dumped then edited via amibcp software. i both  enabled hotplug of all pcie ports and set their access to USER to see them in startup bios. while flashing it gave me an error that secure flash was not started, because of sertifiacete check, so I bypassed it by using the /GAN function,(some people claims that adding /GAN to the flash leaves some areas of bios unchanged, and here is the #2 suspect for failure on my side.) Other than that the flash worked fine, until i restart pc, load defaults and restart again.I can't see my new settings added to the bios screen. In the windows, hwinfo64 still show those ports as hot plug disabled, but when i dump another copy of my current bios with AFUwin or bios backup toolkit, the new bios has those settings enabled?!
Then i proceed to remove the old drivers via ddu, then restart computer,plug the card in, then black screen shows up and i can't enter the bios.

enable hotplug with amibcp will never work, you need to do a setup_var method in the EFI shell. At least that is what it is from my personal experience.

2012 15" Asus K55VJ GT635M i5-3210M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4d) + Win10 // Hot-Plug BIOS mod

ReplyQuote
(@phanith)

for me i'm using window 7 and for all of this process it feels like learn how to fly, it would be great if it's come with VIDEO

ReplyQuote
(@rizky_ikhsan)

Hello guys,

idk if somebody already posted about this or not but fyi the hdmi cable to mpci-e can’t get too close (or even direct contact) with the hdmi cable for monitor. I found this could preventing your egpu from being detected. 

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member

I really think @GynTh0r 's  post deserves a post of it's own to be more easily found from Google.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@Ajayajayaj, thank you for the suggestions. A new standalone thread moving GynTh0r’s post along with replies has been created:

FIXED! Nvidia GTX1050Ti error 43 on mPCIe or M.2 non-hotplug eGPU interfaces // applicable to GTX10xx

Please give it the Thumbs up (Like) if you like it.

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Volkan Gur

Hello i have  1060 3gb. Im install 368.81 after 

385.41 with no code 43 but i have a new problem direct x error when i check with gpu-z direct compute non tick and when ı try a start game give directx error. when im downgrade 

375.7 or

370.7 everything worked without problem pls help me sorry for my language

This issue needs more recognition for latest driver. It's annoying for sandy bridge owners. Seems like there's no fix for now.

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 GT740M + [email protected] (PCE164P-N03) + Win10

ReplyQuote
Kirito9996
(@kirito9996)
Eminent Member

Same problem here

After updating from 375.63 to 385.69 i have the same error of dx11

Going to roll back to 375.63 for now...

Thank you

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

Confirming,driver 378.92 ("russian method"+HOTPLUG ENABLED) is working OK.No DX errors or unchecked Direct compute in GPU-Z.There is a serious bug in 375.70 that causing apps that using OpenGL,Java etc. to crash due to a problem with Debug Mode.Would advise whoever is stuck on 375.70(76) due to all those errors with the latest drivers from 38X.XX branch and have the HOTPLUG enabled to update and avoid the issues mentioned above.Bug was fixed in driver 378.57 but if you can update it better skip it and do the 378.92.

https://segmentnext.com/2017/02/02/geforce-378-57-fixes-debug-mode-crashing-java-opengl-apps-pascal-cards-performance/

GPU Z(2)

1080pMED...378.92

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
favas0
(@favas0)
Eminent Member

Posted by: thegameplayer

Okay , this is my spec 

This was possible by 

Thank you forum

I didnt check it out as  driver version 375.76 is stable for me with downclocked memory and clock speeds. Currently running with gen 2 speed. Never had a bsod in this version 

Okay finally i am in gen1 speed . it sucks , i lost 30fps in all games. no downclock , stock settings , rest are the same. But stable than gen 2 

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

Mostly directx errors are due to sandybridge/hd3000 absolute lack of support from intel. Confirmed it by switching ivy bridge/sandy bridge processors.

If there was a way to avoid using integrated graphics altogether then it wouldn't be an issue.

ReplyQuote
dani29m
(@dani_tx)
Estimable Member

Posted by: inxftw

Mostly directx errors are due to sandybridge/hd3000 absolute lack of support from intel. Confirmed it by switching ivy bridge/sandy bridge processors.

If there was a way to avoid using integrated graphics altogether then it wouldn't be an issue.

Well if what you saying is true then how come only Pascal GPU's are affected? I never had such a problem with my GTX 970 and was able to update to the very latest driver without any hassle.And why those problems start showing up in the 38X.XX branch.It could be partially Intel's fault(even though HD3000 supports DX11)(also my DX problems were different then let's say Kirito9996's,DX11 was just fine on my system but i lost DX9 and 10,gpu-z couldn't find them,superposition wouldn't run showing that it's missing all the dx9 dll's and so on) but blaming only Intel for the problem....nah....the biggest offender here is NVIDIA and most likely Microsoft with their stupid security updates.

ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)

ReplyQuote
Murat Demir
(@murat)

my laptop is ASUS K55vd

i53210-HM76-8gb Ram

geforce 610M/intel HD4000

my order (mini PCI-E v8.0 eGPU dock) did not come to me and not install my laptop.

eGPU is run my laptop, did i understand wrong

2012 15" Asus K55VD i5-3210M GT610M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Murat

my laptop is ASUS K55vd

i53210-HM76-8gb Ram

geforce 610M/intel HD4000

my order (mini PCI-E v8.0 eGPU dock) did not come to me and not install my laptop.

?dl=0

eGPU is run my laptop, did i understand wrong

I have a k55a and mine works.

ReplyQuote
Murat Demir
(@murat)

is eGPU working ? which graphic card?

2012 15" Asus K55VD i5-3210M GT610M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10

ReplyQuote
Ajayajayaj
(@ajayajayaj)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Murat

is eGPU working ? which graphic card?

GTX 1050, did you use the top stickied post on this thread?

ReplyQuote
x220dude
(@x220dude)

I have a x220 Thinkpad baught from 2011 and upgraded the RAM to 16 GB and HDD to 512 GB SSD M2.Card and an 2.5" 1 TByte HDD.

Additionally I was thinking of eGPU. So I baught the EXP GDC Beast rev. 8.4d with ExpressCard its the easiest way to get into eGPU fro starting.

I use an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GByte and its low Profile powered with an custom small DC IN 12V 7.5A PSU. I do not like ATX PSUs on my Desktop XD

You need to Download the oldest Driver for this Crad in combination Windows 10 I get the following oldest Version 375.70
Download the latest Version from Nvidia Driver Site and keep it.

Short First install oldest Driver fix Registry to prevent the Restartflag preventing you to install the new driver and then install the very latest driver you downloaded before.

- Restart - And system boots up with the latest driver of Nvidia!!! And get a WOW you can play any new game or old game on this Notebook screen. Damn thats pretty impressive and the installation is less then 30 Minutes!

After this your done and everything should work on Windows 10 x64 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti and the good old x220 Thinkpad!

Good luck!

I am looking now for a Notebook with an M2.Slot with PCIex 4x to get higher performance froom the eGPU or even get a cheap Thunderbold 3 Notebook which would make more sense

If it is not working read carefully the error Messages of Syslog and check your Powersettings on Windows OS and BIOS! Disable all Power Saving things for BUS and PCI + PCI Express.

ReplyQuote
aaznincsen
(@aaznincsen)

Posted by: Ajayajayaj

I have a k55a and mine works.

Hi,

I have a k55a too, but i could not get it to detect my video card using a PCE164P-N03 mpcie riser.
I'm testing with a 730gt on win10.

I have tried:

• monitor connected directly to egpu
  • psu always on
  • wlan module switch with egpu while computer in sleep mode
  • sticker on mpcie pin 22

But does not get detected in hwinfo or device manager 🙁

Could you please share how did you get it to work?

ReplyQuote
 of  9