not Quick question. Lenovo G780...using egpu

Notifications
Clear all

not Quick question. Lenovo G780...using egpu  

RSS

mrdeadshoot
(@mrdeadshoot)

my laptop is Lenovo G780 with dgpu geforce 635m...i want to use external gpu...and egpu with internal monitor and i will buy geforce 1050ti or Rx470...which of them will help me playing games in internal lcd? can i able to use laptop's own monitor with this graphic cards? or if you have other recomendation

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Yes, NVidia cards can provide an accelerated internal LCD mode. Pls review the known issues for mPCIe which will help you decide with NVidia card is best for you:

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2017/#mPCIe-interface

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mrdeadshoot
(@mrdeadshoot)

nando4 thanks you very much..i will read it and try to use geforce 1050ti if i will have any problems with it I wish ask.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mrdeadshoot
(@mrdeadshoot)

Cons

• error 43 with mPCIe eGPUs when using GTX10xx cards on this non-hotpluggable interface
  • how can i know my lenovo g780 hotpluggable or not...can you help me with it? if my laptop non-hotpluggable how can i use geforce 1050 ti?

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: mrdeadshoot

Cons

• error 43 with mPCIe eGPUs when using GTX10xx cards on this non-hotpluggable interface
  • how can i know my lenovo g780 hotpluggable or not...can you help me with it? if my laptop non-hotpluggable how can i use geforce 1050 ti?

Known Issues

hereNVidia is killing off mPCIe/NGFF.M2 eGPUs : error 43 with 372.90 or newer driver
here[GUIDE] error 43 + other detection, bootup and stability problems mPCIe/EC/NGFF.M2

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mrdeadshoot
(@mrdeadshoot)

Worst are GTX1050 and some new GTX1060 cards that are not supported on the 372.70 downgrade workaround driver solution.

i want to buy gtx 1050 ti... this updated post also include 1050 ti or just gtx 1050?

if i buy 1050 ti i cant use it in my laptop? please help with it(  i dont want to waste my money( i want to but 1050 ti can i install it?

ReplyQuote
mrdeadshoot
(@mrdeadshoot)

i check my geforce 635m using 378.92 version driver and 1050ti also using this...so my laptop will work with 1050 ti?

378.92  WHQL

ReplyQuote