RX Vega 64 standalone driver file
this is my first post on this forum but I've been reading it for quite some time already.
I just set my MBP 15' 2017 with Bootcamp + Razer Core X + Sapphire RX Vega 64.
What I did was:
- Install newest windows 10
- No EFI drive, just clean bootcamp
- My Radeon 560 was all ok but Vega was visible as "Basic Graphic Card" so I used DDU
- I forced my Vega to be visible as Radeon 580 using 18.2.2 manual driver installation (580 because there was no Vega on the list)
- Then I changed 580 to Radeon RX Vega using 19.3.3
THE BIG QUESTION IS:
- How can I update my driver to be visible as Vega 64 ?
Regular Adrenaline instalator doesn't see any Radeon Card on my laptop
I can notice slight performance decrease using this method.
I was looking for standalone Vega 64 driver file with no autodetect etc.
Anyone can point me direction? I believe I need more accurate driver for better performance.
Sorry if my whole post is stupid, I might have missed some threads on the forum.
Thanks in advance
- Download latest (19.3.3) driver from Bootcampdrivers.com
- Disconnect egpu
- Boot into bootcamp
- DDU all AMD drivers
- Install drivers from Bootcampdrivers com
- Plug in egpu and let it detect and install drivers
- Reboot again with egpu plugged in
Edit: I don't use the internal display, only external monitors. If you are using internal display the steps might or might not work for you.
@uxox That’s what it shows up as for me as well (Radeon RX Vega). Not sure what the issue is. GPU functions normally and at full capacity.