Screen goes blank and fan spin like crazy while gaming (GTX 1060 6GB)

Notifications

Screen goes blank and fan spin like crazy while gaming (GTX 1060 6GB)  

RSS

Brandon101
(@brandon101)

Hi all... 

I got my Aorus GTX 1060 6gb a week ago, I just hooked up everything using the EXP GDC beast and installed earlier version driver as the latest ones give error 43. When I start a game like gta v or need for speed rivals, I can play about 5 min or less and then it crash (blank screen no signal) and fan spins like crazy. I have to power it down by holding the power button on laptop, then turn it back on like normal and everything works. I'm using the 6pin to 8pin adapter to power the GPU and I have a 475 watt psu. Few ppl have this problem but haven't found a solid fix for this. If u need more info plz let me know cuz I spent so much money on this setup and it time I actually play some games.

Thanks;)

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Quique_K
(@quique_k)

Hi Brandon101. I am sorry to hear that 🙁

Like you, I am trying to make a setup for my laptop, and the last thing that I want to happen is something like is happening to you. So let's try to find a solution together, let's see if joining our knowledge we can find a good end to this.

I've been searching on youtube for the installation of the GTX 1060 within the EXP GDC, and found this 

This video shows the paths to install the lastest GTX 1060 driver. Summarazing it says that you have to install an earlier version of the driver, then, without restarting the computer, make an ajustement in regedit, just after that installing the last driver.

Please, watch the whole video with attetion and patience, and tell us if something of it helped you to solve your issue.

Please, inform all you main specs of your system too.

OBS: Have you cheked the one of the main topics when talking about GTX 10XX issues? I recommend you to read it in order to prevent further problems.  https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/FIXED-Nvidia-GTX1050Ti-error-43-on-mPCIe-or-M2-non-hotplug-eGPU-interfaces-applicable-to-GTX10xx/  

Good luck.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote